Operations Manager - ICON Materials (Pacific, WA) Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Pacific, WA 98047, US
Operations, Field & Plant Management
- Promote a safe work environment for all employees; work with safety and field personnel to minimize risk and increase safety for employees at all times.
- Responsible for daily operations including safe production, quality, customer focus and maintaining the integrity of the safety and environmental systems within the company’s operations for asphalt and aggregate production locations.
- Ensure all required permitting is accurate and up-to-date within area of responsibility.
- Drive operational performance and improvements to meet or exceed company goals.
- Generate and manage the operating budget for the fiscal year under the direction of the General Manager.
- Provide leadership and direction to ensure efficiency, quality, service, and cost-effective management of all product resources.
- Build effective teams and develop (direct reports) for future opportunities.
- Ensure that all crews have the tools and training to operate safely at all times and that all federal, state and local laws concerning safety, environmental, EEO, and other applicable areas are adhered to.
- Monitor/control production through direction of the site managers to ensure safe production, on schedule, and within budget; investigate potentially serious situations and implement corrective measures.
- Provide advice and support to team during the job bidding process through job completion.
- Work with General Manager to establish long-range goals, strategies, plans, and policies.
- Provide leadership and direction in sales and marketing efforts resulting in maximum product sales, meeting or exceeding customer expectations, and driving maximum profitability.
- Regular and predictable attendance.
- Communicate professionally, timely, clearly, and concisely to all levels of employees through various media (verbally, email, text, etc.).
- Regularly attend and be an active, positive, contributor to various business and management meetings.
- Seek “out of the box” business ideas to help sustain and grow the business.
- Promote a diverse and inclusive work environment.
- Other duties as may be assigned.
- A bachelor’s degree in Construction Management or similar is highly preferred, but will consider other education, experience, and accumulated work history.
- Demonstrated success in a leadership capacity.
- Must pass pre-employment physical, drug screen and criminal background check.
- Strict adherence to safety requirements and procedures as outlined per company policy.
- Must be willing to travel and work away from home when required.
- Must be willing to work extended hours, nights, and weekends when necessary.
- Individuals are required to wear personal protective equipment (PPE) in designated operations and production areas as stated by OSHA and/or MSHA.
- Related experience in construction field, minimum 5 years (desired)
- Plant management or related experience 3+ years minimum (highly desired)
- Understanding of basic accounting principles.
- Excellent skills with Microsoft Office and the ability to rapidly learn different software applications.
- Strong communication and leadership skills are necessary.
- Be knowledgeable of materials and equipment needed to perform tasks.
- Ability to use decision making skills for cost effective solutions on projects.
- Ability to walk or stand greater than one third of the time, or sit no greater than a third of the time
- Ability to climb stairs/ladders to examine equipment at heights.
- Ability to move/carry objects up to 50 lbs. unassisted.
- Able to work in all weather conditions.
- Will work between a standard office and field operations environment.
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development and internal promotion
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
ICON Materials is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.
Who We Are
Get what you want out of life with a global company building the world Imagine leveraging your military background and experience at a company that is building the world’s largest bridges, highways and skyscrapers.
We’re hiring the next generation of plant managers, engineers and operations experts.