Outage Planner - Durkee, OR Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Durkee, OR 97905, US
At Ash Grove Cement, people are our first priority. We offer a complete benefits package and opportunities for your continued growth and development!
- Promote and follow all plant safety guidelines.
- Plans, schedules, coordinates overhaul jobs.
- Ensures compliance to all safety standards and regulations. Conducts and/or attends department and plant safety meetings.
- Plans modifications and improvements of plant equipment and structures to improve efficiency as part of Outages.
- Provides support to maintenance crews and contractors as needed.
- Provides equipment manuals, mechanical drawings, and blueprints when needed.
- Recommends outage repair parts that need to be stocked and works with the storeroom personnel to ensure appropriate levels are maintained.
- Assists as needed in preparing budget for capital expenditures, outage, maintenance projects and repairs.
- Coordinates maintenance projects with other departments and/or contractors as needed during outage.
- Determines labor requirements for outage jobs.
- Develops and maintains Standard Job Plans. Incorporate information from equipment manuals including written procedures and drawings. Includes planning requirements of spare parts, tools, mobile equipment and labor.
- May record time and costs associated with each work order or outage contractors.
- Coordinates, writes, reviews outage job scopes.
- Manages and leads monthly, weekly and daily outage scheduling meetings.
- Manages post overhaul/outage review meetings.
- Establishes position as a positive role model for plant safety, health and environmental issues and asserts "safety and environmental leadership" in all aspects of each daily routine.
- Performs other job related duties as needed such as performing backup for maintenance supervisors during vacations or other absences.
- Prepares various reports as requested.
- Additional duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Ability to read, write and understand warning labels, instructions, signs, etc.
- Associate degree or technical school in related area. Combination of education and experience will be considered.
- 3 years of experience in similar maintenance role. Preferred to be in a cement or related industrial plant.
- Proficient in English written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrates excellent judgment and decision making skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Demonstrates proficiency with Microsoft office product line
- Demonstrates project management skills
- Seeks to acquire knowledge in area of specialty
- Technical knowledge of maintenance and repair required by plant equipment and structures.
- Working knowledge of conveyors, dust collectors, fans, hydraulic systems, and gear boxes and mechanical transmission systems
- Possesses a working knowledge of government regulations such as EPA and MSHA as they relate to maintenance and repair projects.
- Ability to read and understand equipment manuals, mechanical drawings and blueprints.
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A diverse and inclusive culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
Ash Grove Cement, a CRH Company, is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.
Who We Are
Get what you want out of life with a global company building the world Imagine leveraging your military background and experience at a company that is building the world’s largest bridges, highways and skyscrapers.
We’re hiring the next generation of plant managers, engineers and operations experts.