Parts Clerk Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
St George, UT 84790, US
Administrative Support and Services
This position will be responsible for the full cycle of parts and supplies for the Shops at Western Rock Products.
Key Responsibilities (Essential Duties and Functions)
The duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Daily engagement in the safety performance of the Shop and yard.
- Be a single point of contact for all Mechanics for parts ordering and shipping.
- Parts kitting for scheduling jobs.
- Manage all aspects of parts/supply inventory.
- Manage all aspects of our Purchase Order system.
- Involvement in current parts programs and procuring parts in line with those programs
- Monitoring of the Internal Preventative Maintenance system for parts ordering
- Working with the Operations group on Purchase Orders as needed.
- Hours expectations are Monday through Friday, shift will begin at 7 am and will be 8 hours daily.
- Occasionally, pick up and deliver parts, as needed, to various company locations, job sites, and vendors
- Receive shipments, stock within the part department and organize as needed
- Will be responsible for completely reorganizing parts department individually
- Maintain 5S standards within the department
- Acts as a liaison between vendors and company in regard to parts orders
- Clean up around shop and surrounding area, including taking out trash
- Maintains the shop grounds including outdoor landscaping, as needed
- Must have valid driver’s license to operate company owned vehicle (1-ton truck)
- Must be able to safely operate a forklift.
- This position will require some manual labor, and frequently lifting up to 50 lbs.
- Display a professional and courteous attitude to co-workers, supervisors, and the general public at all times.
- Must be willing to travel and work away from home when required.
- Must be willing to work nights and weekends when necessary.
- Report to the assigned job site ready to begin work at the designated start time.
- Strict adherence to safety requirements and procedures as outlined in the Manual of Safety Practices and Procedures.
- Strict adherence to Western Rock Products policies and procedures as outlined in the Company Book of Policies.
- Willingness to work in a team environment and assist co-workers or supervisors with other duties as required.
- Timely and regular attendance is an expectation of performance for all Western Rock Products employees. Employees will be held accountable for adhering to their workplace schedule.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
Education and Experience:
High school degree or GED required. Must be able to effectively communicate with others. Must have significant experience in navigating a computer including but not limited to: Microsoft Excel, Word, Power Point, Online Vendor Parts Books, etc. Must be detail orientated and organized. A general mechanical background is preferred
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to speak effectively to customers or employees of organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to climb or balance. The employee is occasionally required to sit and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include distance vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception. The employee must regularly lift and/or move more than 50 pounds.
Must be able to frequently bend, kneel, squat, stand, walk, reach, drive, use fine motor skills and repetitive movement. Will need to occasionally climb.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works near moving mechanical parts and in outside weather conditions and is regularly exposed to wet, humid condition airborne particles, and extreme heat or cold. The employee is occasionally exposed to vibration. The noise level in the work environment is occasionally very loud and may require protective equipment. Environment is occasionally hot, cold, or wet. May be exposed to noise, high heat and moving equipment. Will continuously work with others.
The statements included in this job description are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements and criteria necessary to successfully perform the job. Other duties may be assigned as required. Requirements for this job are subject to modification by the Company and its designees, and reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development and internal promotion
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
Western Rock Products is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.
Who We Are
Get what you want out of life with a global company building the world Imagine leveraging your military background and experience at a company that is building the world’s largest bridges, highways and skyscrapers.
We’re hiring the next generation of plant managers, engineers and operations experts.