Parts Runner Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Wichita, KS 67217, US
Laborers and Production Workers
The Parts Runner position is responsible for performing various duties. Mainly, the employee will work in a shop environment and transfer parts from one location to another where demands are required.
Key Responsibilities (Essential Duties and Functions)
- Deliver parts to multiple locations.
- Assist with inventory counts and core returns.
- Ensure a safe work environment in compliance with all safety policies and procedures using the appropriate tools and equipment for the task.
- Properly follow all company policies and OSHA/MSHA regulations for safe working procedures and environment. Report any problems to the Foreman, Superintendent, Safety Manager, or Human Resources Manager.
- Follow direction of supervisor as to daily tasks and expectations for each specific project or jobsite.
- Regular and predictable attendance at assigned times is required.
- Other duties as may be assigned.
- High school diploma or General Education Degree GED is preferred.
- Must be 18 years in age or older.
- Must pass pre-employment physical, drug screen and criminal background check.
- Valid driver’s license is required; Commercial Driver’s license preferred for hauling trailers
- Strict adherence to safety requirements and procedures as per company policy.
- Willingness to work in a team environment and assist co-workers or supervisors with other duties as required.
- Must be willing to work nights and weekends when necessary.
- Individuals are required to wear personal protective equipment (PPE) in designated operations and production areas as stated by OSHA and/or MSHA. Protective equipment that may be required, but not limited to, for this position is: Face Shield, Safety (hard toe) Shoes, and Safety Vest.
- Compliance with all OSHA and/or MSHA regulations.
- Ability to read, write and do basic mathematical calculations.
- Ability to understand and follow verbal and written instructions.
- Ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing.
- Ability to use equipment and tools properly and safely.
- Knowledge and ability to use a computer with proficiency using Microsoft Office and different software applications.
- Able to stand, walk, use hands and fingers to manipulate objects or controls, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, and crawl.
- Vision abilities (with correction) include close, distance, peripheral, depth, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Able to work in all weather conditions.
- Frequently required to sit, climb, and use hands.
- Occasionally required to stand, walk, crawl, kneel, bend, and reach with hand and arms above their shoulders.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 100lbs. unassisted and frequently lift and/or move up to 25 lbs.
- While performing the duties of the job, the employee may be occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles and toxic or caustic chemicals.
- The employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts; high, precarious places; outside weather conditions; and risk of electrical shock or burn.
- The noise level in some areas of the work environment may be loud, but is typically moderate.
The statements included in this job description are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements and criteria necessary to successfully perform the job. Other duties may be assigned as required. Requirements for this job are subject to modification by the Company and its designees, and reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A diverse and inclusive culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
APAC-Kansas, Inc., Shears Construction, a CRH Company, is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.
Who We Are
Get what you want out of life with a global company building the world Imagine leveraging your military background and experience at a company that is building the world’s largest bridges, highways and skyscrapers.
We’re hiring the next generation of plant managers, engineers and operations experts.