Paving Estimator/ Project Manager - Inland Asphalt (Spokane, WA) Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Spokane, WA 99216, US
Operations, Field & Plant Management
The project manager prepares bids for public and private construction work, follows up and/or sells these projects and manages all aspects of successful bids and projects. The project manager oversees and directs construction management. He/she communicates directly with contractors concerning project cost, staffing, and scheduling. He/she prepares project status reports and works to ensure plans adhere to contract specifications. The project manager must be familiar with a variety of the field's concepts, practices, and procedures. He/she relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. He/she performs a variety of tasks and a wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
Key Responsibilities (Essential Duties and Functions)
- Provides estimating and submission of bids on all projects (i.e. public/private) as directed by the Construction Manager. This involves thorough review of bid documents, collection of subcontractor prices and prompt submission of the bid.
- Coordination of bid evaluations should be based on review with Construction Manager. Bids should be cost evaluated to previous type of work, production rates, labor productivity, and previous bid history.
On successful bids, the project manager should prepare and submit all contract documents and insure they are properly executed. Key areas of responsibility include:
- Subcontracts and sub-contractor coordination.
- Project schedules, material requests and approvals.
- Coordinate project specific training, safety and EEOC compliance.
- Pre-construction conferences with the Production Department and/or owner.
- Coordination with Construction Managers, superintendents, and contract administrators.
- Preparation/approval of monthly pay estimates from owner and sub-contractors. Accuracy of pay estimates.
- Maintain positive relationships with private and public owners.
- Assure accuracy of sub-contractor submittals and coordination of work.
- Coordination with owners on timing of work and proper completion.
- Negotiate all contract change orders in writing prior to the work being accomplished
- Respond timely to all owner and sub-contractor correspondence
- Approve all subcontractor/supplier invoices
- Maintain daily project logs/quantity records. Monitor job costs with Operation Department.
- Assure compliance with project specifications, quality and customer satisfaction.
- In some locations, the project manager may work in the field, deliver supplies and assist the work crews.
- Other tasks and duties as assigned to meet business needs.
- Regular and timely attendance.
- Participate in and promote an inclusive work environment.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) preferred
- College or technical education preferred
- Three years previous experience in bidding, estimating, project coordination, or field management preferred. College Graduate in Construction Management, Civil Engineering or related field will be considered in place of experience.
- Experience with supervisory skills, production, safety and operation
- Proficient with Windows based computerized systems
- Must possess strong organizational, verbal and written communication skills
- Safety minded professional who demonstrates good performance and attendance
- Demonstrates the ability to work independently, without direct supervision
- Demonstrates excellent customer service skills
- Demonstrates the ability to follow written and/or verbal instructions
- Demonstrates a willingness to work overtime, nights, and weekends as needed.
The statements included in this job description are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements and criteria necessary to successfully perform the job. Other duties may be assigned as required. Requirements for this job are subject to modification by the Company and its designees, and reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development and internal promotion
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
Inland Asphalt Co is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.
Who We Are
Get what you want out of life with a global company building the world Imagine leveraging your military background and experience at a company that is building the world’s largest bridges, highways and skyscrapers.
We’re hiring the next generation of plant managers, engineers and operations experts.