Paving Foreman - RiverBend Construction (Salem, OR) Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Salem, OR 97301, US
Laborers and Production Workers
- Manages personnel in a safe and effective manner. He or she must provide onsite direction and guidance for employee during the course of the workday by providing sound independent judgment and application of knowledge acquired through technical engineering and trade school training.
- Plans, troubleshoots and possess analytical skills that enable them to schedule daily work assignments, assign priorities, requisition materials and equipment, in order to complete projects in a timely manner with a level of quality, as determined by the company, and in accordance with federal, state and local governing laws, ordinances and policies
- Read and understands blueprints, charts, maps and other construction drawings and plans.
- Prepares and maintains required written records, logs, progress reports, time and weight tickets, attendance records and safety and inspection documents as required.
- Consults with other project supervisors and engineers, attends meeting, performs on-site inspections and conducts weekly safety meetings.
- Performs pre and post shift inspection of equipment
- Operates heavy equipment in a safe and effective manner.
- Checks equipment parts to ensure proper function of equipment.
- Perform general maintenance and repair on equipment as needed.
- Assist with general labor and maintenance tasks as needed. Demonstrates work activities.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) preferred.
- One to two years previous asphalt paving operations and/or construction related experience highly preferred.
- Previous experience in a similar position is strongly preferred.
- Must be a current member or join Local Union within 30 days of hire.
- Safety minded professional who demonstrates good performance, attendance and punctuality.
- Demonstrates the ability to work independently, without direct supervision.
- Demonstrates the willingness to work overtime and weekends/holidays.
- Demonstrates the willingness to learn and work a variety of job tasks.
- Demonstrates excellent communication and customer service skills.
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development and internal promotion
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
River Bend Sand & Gravel is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.
Who We Are
Get what you want out of life with a global company building the world Imagine leveraging your military background and experience at a company that is building the world’s largest bridges, highways and skyscrapers.
We’re hiring the next generation of plant managers, engineers and operations experts.