Paving Foreman - San Antonio, TX Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
San Antonio, TX 78257, US
Operations, Field & Plant Management
- Maintain a safe work environment for themselves and co-workers.
- Follow all company policies and all OSHA/MSHA regulations for safe working procedures and environment.
- Plan work on a daily basis for next day.
- Calculate and communicate trucking requirements and start time.
- Accurate quantity ordering.
- Supervise and coordinate activities of workers.
- Oversee progress and efficient utilization of crew and equipment.
- Establish and maintain a working relationship with fellow managers.
- Report and required repairs.
- Oversee proper equipment maintenance.
- Maintain daily diary.
- Ensure T5, TRACK, Toolbox Talks and all other OMG safety policies engaged.
- Ensure daily maintenance is completed and schedule appointments for any major repairs.
- Report any problems to the Superintendent, Safety Manager, or Human Resources Manager.
- Manage personnel as well as schedule and monitor time worked.
- Train employees on proper operations, servicing, and minor repair of equipment.
- Perform general laboring duties when necessary.
- Regular and predictable attendance at assigned times is required.
- Other duties as may be assigned.
- Minimum of a high school diploma or general education degree (GED) preferred.
- 3+ years paving experience preferred.
- Must be 18 years in age or older.
- Must pass pre-employment physical, drug screen and criminal background check.
- Strict adherence to safety requirements and procedures as outlined in the Employee Handbook.
- Willingness to work in a team environment and assist co-workers or supervisors with other duties as required.
- Must be willing to travel and work away from home when required.
- Must be willing to work nights and weekends when necessary.
- Individuals are required to wear personal protective equipment (PPE) in designated operations and production areas as stated by OSHA and/or MSHA. Protective equipment that may be required, but not limited to, for this position is: Face Shield, Safety (hard toe) Shoes, and Coveralls.
- Compliance with all OSHA and/or MSHA regulations.
- Knowledge of materials, methods, and tools involved in plant maintenance.
- Ability to read, write and do basic mathematical calculations.
- Ability to understand and follow verbal and written instructions.
- Ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing.
- Ability to use equipment and tools properly and safely.
- Ability to work well and efficiently with others.
- Able to stand, walk, use hands and fingers to manipulate objects or controls, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, talk and hear.
- May require sitting for extended periods of time.
- Vision abilities (with correction) include close, distance, peripheral, depth, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Able to work extended hours.
- Able to work in all weather conditions.
- Able to work in tight quarters.
- Must be able to exert 10-20 lbs. constantly to move objects, 25-50 lbs. of force frequently, and 50-100 lbs. of force occasionally.
- While performing the duties of the job, the employee may be occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles and toxic or caustic chemicals.
- The employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts; high, precarious places; outside weather conditions; and risk of electrical shock or burn.
- The noise level in some areas of the work environment may be loud, but is typically moderate.
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development and internal promotion
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
Texas Materials is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.
Who We Are
Get what you want out of life with a global company building the world Imagine leveraging your military background and experience at a company that is building the world’s largest bridges, highways and skyscrapers.
We’re hiring the next generation of plant managers, engineers and operations experts.