Pipe Crew Foreperson Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Helena, MT 59604, US
- Generous Paid Time Off
- 401k with Roth option & 5% Company Match
- Profit Sharing
- 9 Paid Holidays (8 Static and 1 Floating)
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Company Paid Life Insurance
- Short- & Long-Term Disability
- Potential for Overtime
- Opportunities for Internal Mobility
- Professional Development Opportunities
- Training Provided
- Earn More with our Employee Referral Program
- Company Discounts on products, goods, services, electronics, automotive, travel & more!
- Opportunities for Community Engagement
- Manage personnel in a safe and effective manner by providing onsite direction and guidance for employees during the course of the workday.
- Plan, troubleshoot and possess analytical skills schedule daily work assignments, assign priorities, requisition materials and equipment, in order to complete projects in a timely manner.
- Prepare and maintain required written records, logs, progress reports, time and weight tickets, attendance records and safety and inspection documents as required.
- Read and understand blueprints, charts, maps and other construction drawings and plans.
- Consult with other project supervisors and engineers, attend meetings, perform on-site inspections and conduct weekly safety meetings.
- Operate equipment safely and efficiently by utilizing equipment within its designed parameters.
- Locate utilities and other buried lines prior to digging.
- Perform pre and post shift inspection of equipment.
- Check equipment parts to ensure proper function of equipment.
- Performs daily safety and pre-task meetings.
- Assist with general labor and maintenance tasks as needed.
- Shovel earth/dirt to prepare ground trenches for pipes. (Must be able to preform labor intense activity’s)
- May dig up existing ground pipes and other debris with manual tools as needed.
- Guide pipes into place while equipment operator maneuvers pipes attached with chains/guide wires.
- Attach trench box to chains/guide wires so it can be lowered or lifted by the equipment operator.
- Attach pipes to chains/guide wires.
- Cut pipe and connect pipe using misc. tools, lubricants, glue/grout.
- Set up and move laser level/tripod and pipe lasers.
- Perform job site clean-up.
- Fence off job site areas for safety purposes. Set up barricades and safety cones.
- Perform minor servicing and maintenance or refer major problems to the supervisor.
- Keep machines cleaned and maintained.
- Travel to and from various locations.
- Participate in and promote an inclusive work environment.
- Demonstrated experience and familiarity with the installation of underground wet utilities.
- Knowledge of utility installation ( extensive knowledge of underground utility’s installation practices)
- Vaid Drivers license
- Ability to read and comprehend blueprints, site specifications, simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed, but uninvolved written or oral instructions
- Safety minded professional who demonstrates good performance, attendance, and punctuality.
- Must pass pre-employment drug screen and physical examination
- Must have current authorization to work in the United States
- Ability to travel outside Helena, MT. Travel will be required at times for this job and may require 50% or more during work season
- Leadership experience preferred
- CDL a plus but not required.
- GRIP – with at least 90 lbs. of force
- CLIMBING – in, around, and on equipment
- HEAVY LIFTING – of extremely awkward parts and equipment up to75 lbs. from floor to waist
- AWKWARD POSITIONS – getting to and from both sitting and kneeling on the ground
- FLEXIBILITY – awkward reaches
- BALANCE – including standing and walking on extremely slick and uneven surfaces while carrying.
- VISION – 20/40 corrected vision to see moving safety hazards, moving equipment, vehicles, and obstructions
- HEARING – corrected to hear verbal safety warnings and instructions from coworkers
- Regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts; outside weather conditions and vibration. The employee is frequently exposed to wet and/or humid conditions.
- Occasionally exposed to high, precarious places and risk of electrical shock.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
The statements included in this job description are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements and criteria necessary to successfully perform the job. Other duties may be assigned as required. Requirements for this job are subject to modification by the Company and its designees, and reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A diverse and inclusive culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
Helena Sand & Gravel, a CRH Company, is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.
Who We Are
Get what you want out of life with a global company building the world Imagine leveraging your military background and experience at a company that is building the world’s largest bridges, highways and skyscrapers.
We’re hiring the next generation of plant managers, engineers and operations experts.