Plant Foreperson - Columbus, NE Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Columbus, NE 68601, US
Operations, Field & Plant Management
Founded 150 years ago by a Civil War veteran and pioneer, Gerhold Concrete Company, Inc., A CRH Company, is a major regional supplier of concrete and building materials with 15 locations across Nebraska and Iowa, serving areas in central and northeastern Nebraska, southeastern South Dakota, and western Iowa.
The Plant Foreperson is directly responsible for; maintaining positive customer relations, supervising and coordinating activities of workers engaged in the manufacturing of concrete products, testing of concrete products, delivery of ready mix concrete, and merchandise, and the safety of all employees under your supervision by performing the following duties.
Key Responsabilities (Essential Duties and Functions)
- Communicates with Operations Manager on issues affecting business, personnel, safety, maintenance, upcoming projects, competition, and pricing.
- Addresses employee and customer relations issues.
- Prepares invoices, delivery tickets, and related shipping documents and assigns drivers for scheduled deliveries.
- Maintains payroll and driver records.
- Reviews and approves the processing of delivery tickets, purchase orders, fuel consumption, equipment maintenance, and mileage sheets.
- Oversees and maintains appropriate inventory levels.
- Receives cash payments for shipments from drivers and prepares deposits and reports of cash and charge sales.
- Communicates with the Operations Manager and Human Resources Department on issues affecting employee hiring, promotion, discipline, and termination when appropriate.
- Directs production workers to cast concrete products according to customer specifications.
- Reviews daily the efficiency of plant operations including employee hours, fuel and utility usage, and all equipment maintenance expenses.
- Assists with Conducting employee evaluations and weekly driver / employee meetings.
- Confers with plant production, QC department, and yard personnel to establish delivery schedules according to factors such as truck capacities, distances to delivery site, and unloading time.
- Works with the QC Department to ensure products meet specifications.
- Reviews mix designs with Quality Control Manager and computes amount of water to be adjusted daily to each mix of concrete related to aggregate moistures.
- Records quantity of sand, cement, gravel, and water required for each mix on loading ticket for use by Concrete Batch Plant Operator.
- Works with Safety Department to ensure compliance with City, State, and Federal regulations.
- Ensures that equipment and facilities are properly maintained.
- Monitors and records all scale checks and calibrations at ready mix production plant under your supervision.
- Monitors concrete placement and mix adjustments at project sites.
- Maintains file of current concrete admixture certifications.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or six to twelve months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and dependable transportation to and from the facility.
- Must possess and have working knowledge to complete necessary mathematical calculations.
- Must demonstrate the ability to use a computer to communicate and analyze data. This includes but is not limited to the use of Outlook, MS Office programs, and web-based programs.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel, and reach with hands and arms. The employee is frequently required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl, and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance. The employee must meet the demands of a medium physical demand classification. The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
A variety of noise levels, adverse weather conditions, and complex job sites are to be expected on a daily basis. Proper clothing, PPE (personal protective equipment), and safety precautions should be taken to ensure your safety, and the safety of others in all conditions.
CRH has a long and proud heritage as one of North America’s largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the CRH family. CRH operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
CRH is a great place to grow! If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Once you click apply now, you will be brought to our career site. Please complete your online profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Our system allows you to view and track your status 24 hours a day. Thank you for your interest in the CRH family!
Gerhold Concrete Company Inc. is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.
Who We Are
Get what you want out of life with a global company building the world Imagine leveraging your military background and experience at a company that is building the world’s largest bridges, highways and skyscrapers.
We’re hiring the next generation of plant managers, engineers and operations experts.