Plant Manager - Langley, BC Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
langley, BC V1M 3A4, Canada
Operations, Field & Plant Management
- Drive a continuous improvement culture to keep our organization moving forward.
- Ensure the health, safety and wellness of all operations colleagues.
- Manage and develop all teams to their best ability; along with hiring and expanding teams as needed for future growth.
- Ensure adequate skills and knowledge are developed within the teams to support production requirements and cross-training plans are in place to fully maximize human resources.
- Constant evaluation of manufacturing capacity and related human resources needs.
- Provide mentorship and career development opportunities as required.
- Set clear departmental goals and communicate to the teams
- Monitor team performance and manage reporting metrics
- Recognize high performance and reward accomplishments
- Coach underperforming areas and teams in order to achieve results required
- Support leadership team to drive the business forward; bringing new strategies, ideas and best practices
- Model the mission, vision and values of Primex, lead the team to exceed expectations
- Determine the strategic direction of the company’s manufacturing unit, setting the plan for products, processes, and factory relationships with the goal of increasing efficiency and profitability
- Coordinate team activities to optimize cost performance of the plant through capital investment programs, optimizing operating working capital usage and minimizing waste through the development of a continuous improvement culture encompassing efficient principles and clear strategic development
- Responsible for the safety, productivity, quality, maintenance, automation, and project completion within the plants to meet production targets
- Plan, organize, direct, and evaluate the operations of our Manufacturing Center of Excellence based in Langley
- Collaborate closely with engineering and product management in the product development phase
- Plan, organize, and evaluate the operations of our subcontractors (local and US based)
- Evaluate and consult with team leaders on manufacturing processes, employees, materials, and equipment to ensure maximum efficiency and quality
- Be a steward of our safety culture, raising awareness and involvement in safety improvement projects, and leading through daily example.
- Support CAPEX and OPEX budgets and projects
- Ensure CAPEX projects are planned and executed on time, on budget.
- Responsible for production KPIs, including efficiency, absenteeism, and output to ensure First Time, On Time, Every Time goals are achieved.
- A high achiever who strives for constant personal and organizational growth
- Excellent analytical reasoning and problem-solving skills
- Manufacturing experience required; plastic injection molding a strong asset
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and conflict resolution skills
- Experience as a people leader who can develop and coach a team to the best of their ability
- Proven experience leading complex operations teams and managing change effectively
- A proven ability to effectively work with and influence executive leadership; can successfully negotiate for resources, budgets, and schedules
- A proactive approach to risk management
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Excel and Office 365
- Completion of a Bachelor’s Degree in Management, Applied Science or a related field
- In-depth knowledge of performance metrics
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
CRH Americas is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.
Who We Are
Get what you want out of life with a global company building the world Imagine leveraging your military background and experience at a company that is building the world’s largest bridges, highways and skyscrapers.
We’re hiring the next generation of plant managers, engineers and operations experts.