Plant Mechanic for Concrete Batch Plant - Interstate Concrete & Asphalt (Post Falls, ID) Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Post Falls, ID 83854, US
Interstate Concrete & Asphalt Co., a CRH company, is a member of the CRH West Division family, values a culture of growth, development, and internal promotion. We are a dynamic, growth-oriented, national aggregate, asphalt, concrete, and construction family of companies. For over 80 years, we have worked to be the preferred source of quality rock products, concrete, asphalt paving, and construction services. We have been recognized by numerous organizations for our commitment to safety, customer service, and innovation.
Key Responsibilities (Essential Duties and Functions)
- Inspects, repairs, services, and maintains ready-mix plants in the Spokane and CDA area.
- Performs skilled mechanical diagnosis, maintenance and repair work on plant and other supporting facilities.
- Analyzes malfunctions and repairs, rebuilds, and maintains plant. Operates and inspects machines or equipment to diagnose defects.
- Dismantles and reassembles equipment, using hoists and hand tools.
- Replaces defective parts, assemblies and subassemblies as needed.
- Service and grease plant parts, i.e., change belts, grease bearings, and maintain cleanliness of the plant.
- Operate forklift in a safe manner.
- Welding, cutting and metal fabrication.
- Follow prescribed safety rules and regulations.
Perform other related duties as required or directed.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) preferred.
- Two years’ experience with general plant maintenance (diagnosing and repairing hydraulic, pneumatic, and electrical systems).
- Two years general mechanic experience.
- Electrical knowledge of 480 Volts preferred.
- Previous welding, cutting and metal fabrication experience preferred.
- Must pass DOT physical exam and pre-employment-controlled substance testing.
- Safety minded professional who demonstrates good performance and attendance.
- Demonstrates the ability to work independently, without direct supervision.
- Demonstrates a willingness to work overtime and weekends/holidays.
- Demonstrates ability to work and communicate well with Supervisors, Truck Drivers, Heavy Equipment Operators, and other employees.
- Demonstrates the ability to conform to and maintain OSHA, MSHA, DOT and all other company or state rules and regulations.
- Demonstrates the ability to follow written and/or verbal instructions.
- Demonstrates the willingness to learn and work a variety of job tasks.
- Demonstrates excellent customer service skills.
- Must have a current driver’s license and be able to obtain a CMV medical card for operating vehicles over 10,001 GVW
- Ability to work nights and weekends if project dictates.
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development and internal promotion
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
Interstate Concrete & Asphalt Co. is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.
Who We Are
Get what you want out of life with a global company building the world Imagine leveraging your military background and experience at a company that is building the world’s largest bridges, highways and skyscrapers.
We’re hiring the next generation of plant managers, engineers and operations experts.