Product Test Technician - Vernon, CA Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Vernon, CA 90058, US
- Gathers and maintains inventories of materials required to build test fixtures and perform tests.
- Builds test fixtures using basic mechanical skills.
- Prepares and installs test specimens per written and verbal instructions.
- Builds and assembles wood test bucks and chambers for the testing of doors and windows.
- Installs, seals, and prepares doors and windows for testing.
- Prepares tests of various building hardware items such as panic devices, hinges, rollers, etc.
- Assists the test engineers in conducting tests and may conduct tests individually per the engineer’s instructions.
- Follows test procedures and protocols established by the test engineers in addition to industry test standards (FGIA, ASTM, and others).
- Documents and communicates test results to the engineers.
- Responsible for maintenance & cleanliness of lab environment (equipment, area, organization of tools and materials)
- Excellent carpentry skills.
- Experience in the construction or carpentry trade is beneficial.
- Excellent mechanical aptitude.
- Knowledge of mechanical and electrical machinery and applications.
- Experience in the installation of doors and windows a plus.
- Basic computer skills using email, word processing, and Excel.
- Good communication skills – both written and oral.
- Possesses necessary reading and comprehension of installation instructions.
- Ability to read, interpret, and perform tests per written test methods.
- Good math skills.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- High School Diploma. Associates degree in a technical field a plus.
- Required to safely operate machinery, power tools, hand tools, table saws, drill press, and other various tools and machinery.
- Fork-lift certification a plus.
- Must be able to lift 50lbs.
- May be required to stand for long periods of time.
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
CRH Americas is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.
C.R. Laurence Co., Inc. (CRL) is an E-Verify Employer.
Who We Are
Get what you want out of life with a global company building the world Imagine leveraging your military background and experience at a company that is building the world’s largest bridges, highways and skyscrapers.
We’re hiring the next generation of plant managers, engineers and operations experts.