Product Testing Installer - Vernon, CA Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Vernon, CA 90058, US
We are part of the Oldcastle Building Envelope of CRH and operate our business to the highest standards of quality and customer service. The companies and institutions that depend on us impact the growing fields of glass fabrication, construction, architecture, and automotive restyling. Their positions as leaders in their own industries mean they demand the highest standards from their suppliers.
About the Position:
The position is responsible for building and assembling test fixtures and installs products for performance testing of architectural building products and hardware.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
• Gathers and maintains inventories of materials required to build test fixtures
• Builds test fixtures using basic carpentry and mechanical skills.
• Prepares and installs products for testing per written and verbal instructions.
• Builds and assembles wood test bucks and chambers for the testing of doors and windows.
• Installs, seals, and prepares doors and windows for testing.
• Installs various building hardware items such as door handles, hinges, rollers, etc.
• Responsible for maintenance & cleanliness of lab environment (equipment, area, organization of tools and materials)
Skills, Knowledge, & Ability Requirements
• High School Diploma. Associates degree in a technical field a plus.
• Required to safely operate machinery, power tools, hand tools, table saws, drill press, and other various tools and machinery.
• Good carpentry skills, basic electrical, and general building experience.
• Excellent mechanical aptitude a plus.
• Experience with mechanical and electrical machinery and applications a plus.
• Experience in the installation of doors and windows a plus.
• Basic computer skills using email and word processing.
• Good communication skills – both written and oral.
• Possesses necessary reading and comprehension of installation instructions.
• Must be able to lift 50lbs.
• May be required to stand for long periods of time.
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
CRH Americas is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.
C.R. Laurence Co., Inc. (CRL) is an E-Verify Employer.
Who We Are
Get what you want out of life with a global company building the world Imagine leveraging your military background and experience at a company that is building the world’s largest bridges, highways and skyscrapers.
We’re hiring the next generation of plant managers, engineers and operations experts.