Production Equipment Operator - Portland, OR Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Portland, OR 97203, US
Laborers and Production Workers
- Operates Ag-Lime mills, dryers and related equipment to make a quality product to meet customer specifications.
- Operates a front-end loader.
- Maintains an accurate written log of Ag-Lime production operations.
- Lubricates equipment as designated by the Maintenance Supervisor.
- Loads trucks as needed.
- Performs various cleanup duties as needed.
- Continuously observes all safety rules and keeps work areas and equipment clean and orderly.
- Ability to read and understand warning labels, instructions, signs and similar information.
- Ability to learn computer and instrumentation systems involved in the Ag-Lime process.
- Ability to perform basic math calculations including addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division.
- Ability to perform basic screen analysis to test the product.
- Ability to safely and effectively operate the mills, dryers, fans, feeders, conveyors, elevators, gates, dampers, computer and related instrumentation systems, air slides, air hose, water hose, bars, brooms, shovels, wheelbarrows, hammers, front-end loaders, forklifts, sweepers, and related equipment.
- Work requires operating computer systems; lifting, pushing and pulling bars, brooms and shovels; climbing ladders and stairs; mounting and dismounting equipment; bending; sitting for long periods of time; and working at heights of up to 120 feet.
- Normal exposure to conditions associated with heavy equipment and mill operations.
- This is a collective bargaining position.
- Two positions available: Swing shift (3pm-11pm) and Graveyard Shift (11pm-7am)
Ash Grove Cement is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.
Who We Are
Get what you want out of life with a global company building the world Imagine leveraging your military background and experience at a company that is building the world’s largest bridges, highways and skyscrapers.
We’re hiring the next generation of plant managers, engineers and operations experts.