Production Manager - Stockton, CA Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Stockton, CA 95215, US
Operations, Field & Plant Management
The Production Manager is responsible for providing leadership and direction for overall production and maintenance operations in accordance with the vision and values of the corporation. Fosters a “Culture of Safety” for staff and all employees by promoting and modeling an Employee Driven, Hazard Controlled environment. Advise the local business concerning long-term-strategic direction. Manage and coordinate the production plan (daily/weekly) to meet delivery schedules and budgeted cost/efficiency expectations. Drive continuous improvement initiatives through appropriate channels in the operation. Manage the coordination and execution of predictive/preventative maintenance plans through the maintenance management system for the facility, ensure asset reliability meets or exceeds performance expectations. Holds self and staff directly accountable for adherence to standards, policies & regulations for the safe, environmentally compliant production of a quality precast concrete product. Ensures training plans for production and maintenance staff and self are in place and followed, promoting key aspects of the overall succession plan process. Assume plant manager responsibilities as needed.
- Responsible for the implementation and maintaining of continuous flow production methods
- Responsible to actively seek out, find, and implement process improvements; to include improvements on RM cost reduction, asset utilization, team balancing, matching team strategy to situation.
- Responsible for continuous improvement of leadership; asses team dynamics, prepare for change, promote & develop team pipeline.
- Responsible for the daily/weekly production schedule.
- Establishes formal and informal communications for staff and employees (e.g. morning safety huddle, mid-day meeting, maintenance planning, etc).
- Ensures proper training of employees to advance the business.
- Responsible for plant layout, ensuring optimal safety and efficiency.
- Utilize Inventory Management Process (Production-Purchasing Report) to ensure finished goods inventory meets TWC targets for the business.
- Ensures monthly OSHA compliance training is conducted according to schedule requirements.
- Ensures safety committee is actively engaged in promoting awareness for safety programs/initiatives and driving improvement towards a Employee Driven, Hazard Controlled environment.
- Responsible for overall preventative/predictive maintenance program for the facility.
- Maintain thorough knowledge of precast processes and equipment, have workable knowledge of industry technological developments and best practices.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum High School Diploma (or equivalent) with 3+ years leadership experience in an industrial environment leading multiple departments.
- Associates' degree in Business, Manufacturing, Engineering Technology, Production or related field or Bachelors’ degree preferred.
- 5+ years’ demonstrated manufacturing supervisory experience.
- Or any equivalent combination of experience and training that demonstrates the ability to perform the key responsibilities of this position
- Demonstrated ability to effectively plan and allocate resources.
- Strong written and oral communication skills across all levels of the organization.
- Proven track record of developing, implementing and utilizing process and procedures.
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate resources to meet internal business objectives and customer expectations.
- Thorough knowledge of effective and efficient production and manufacturing methods.
- Thorough knowledge of company product, policies and procedures.
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, and project management skills.
- Demonstrated successful application of managerial and supervisory skills.
- Demonstrated skills or knowledge of budgeting and financial analysis skills.
- Demonstrated problem solving skills and dealing with ambiguity.
- Strong analytical and mathematical ability.
- Ability to operate a computer and supporting software packages.
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to effectively implement change.
- Ability to facilitate meetings and lead teams.
- Ability to effectively manage conflict.
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
CRH Americas is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.
Who We Are
Get what you want out of life with a global company building the world Imagine leveraging your military background and experience at a company that is building the world’s largest bridges, highways and skyscrapers.
We’re hiring the next generation of plant managers, engineers and operations experts.