Production Supervisor - Midlothian, TX Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Midlothian, TX 76065, US
Operations, Field & Plant Management
- Follows plans and schedules of mill and kiln operations in coordination with maintenance, quality control, shipping and production personnel
- Establishes, assigns and communicates job responsibilities and schedules for the shift personnel directly involved in the production process
- Supervises and evaluates job performance
- Monitors and maintains records of attendance, absenteeism, vacations and floating holidays for employees within supervisory responsibilities
- Participates and/or conducts safety meetings and training sessions, and ensures they are held on a regular basis
- Orders safety equipment needed for production department employees
- Conducts safety inspections per safety guidelines to ensure compliance with safety regulations
- Closely monitors kiln burning operations and raw mill and finish mill grinding operations
- Reviews production data and prepares reports on same as requested by management
- Assists production personnel and other plant personnel as needed to resolve problems and ensure satisfactory production operations
- Supervises record keeping and monitoring of BIF operating parameters as generated from the plant control room
- Serves as Alternate Emergency Coordinator for the Emergency Response Team
- Attends RCRA training for waste-derived fuel activities
- Orders tools and supplies needed for use in the manufacturing process
- Requests and supervises repairs and preventive maintenance performed on the mills, kilns and other machinery used in production operations
- Provides information on an ongoing basis to the Production Superintendent regarding the status of current operations and manpower
- Performs other job-related duties as needed to meet production schedules and quality standards
- Proficient in English written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to lead/manage others
- Effective conflict management skills
- Extensive knowledge of production operations involved in the cement
- Manufacturing process including kiln burning techniques and processes
- Mill grinding, process control design, inventory estimation using geometric calculations and machines utilized in the production process
- Knowledge of air permit regulations and safety requirements
- Skills needed in decision making, communication, problem solving and providing supervision
- 3 or more years of experience in production with emphasis on process control in a similar industry.
- Associate's Degree or two years of college, technical school or equivalent combination of education and experience
Ash Grove Cement is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.
Who We Are
Get what you want out of life with a global company building the world Imagine leveraging your military background and experience at a company that is building the world’s largest bridges, highways and skyscrapers.
We’re hiring the next generation of plant managers, engineers and operations experts.