Production Support Specialist - Durkee, OR Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Durkee, OR 97905, US
Laborers and Production Workers
- Promote and follow all plant safety guidelines.
- Additional duties as assigned by the supervisor
- Performs general clean-up duties using a shovel, broom, chipping hammer, pavement breaker, concrete saw, Waldon front-end loader, Bobcat loader and motorized sweepers, hi-vac vacuum truck.
- Assists in removing and installing refractory lining in the kiln, preheat tower, coolers, and other related plant equipment. Also assists with concrete pours, and mixing and pouring special castibles, which may require lifting sacks weighing 30-100 pounds.
- Performs cleaning of plant equipment including the following but not limited to: unplugging chutes and silo feeders; cleaning the inside of dust collectors and tower cyclones using water and air hoses; and unplugging preheat tower vessels, feed pipes, conveyor drags, augers, belt conveyors and troughing rolls.
- Performs emergency railroad track repairs, which occasionally requires the repetitive pounding of a sledgehammer weighing up to 16 pounds. Cleans railroad hopper and box cars, which includes lifting top loading doors weighing up to 125 pounds.
- Cleans building roofs and removes snow when necessary. Occasionally cleans drain ditches and catch basins. Uses shovels and an air lance to perform these duties.
- Assists in screening grinding balls and recharging mill grinding ball load.
- Performs janitorial and ground keeping duties which include, but are not limited to changing air conditioner filters, moving, weeding, fertilizing, watering and trimming.
- Performs vacation relief , fills other positions as needed performs other duties as assigned by Shift Supervisor or Production Manager.
- Observes all safety rules and keeps work areas clean.
- High school graduation or equivalent is required
- Ability to read, write and understand warning labels, instructions, signs, etc.
- Willingness to learn, training will be provided
- Ability to safely and effectively use and operate a shovel, broom, chipping hammer, pavement breaker, concrete saw, Waldon front-end loader, Bobcat loader, motorized sweeper, brick saw, water hose, air hose, sledgehammer, and air lance in performing job duties.
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A diverse and inclusive culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
Ash Grove Cement, a CRH Company, is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.
Who We Are
Get what you want out of life with a global company building the world Imagine leveraging your military background and experience at a company that is building the world’s largest bridges, highways and skyscrapers.
We’re hiring the next generation of plant managers, engineers and operations experts.