Project Engineer - Seattle, WA Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Seattle, WA 98134, US
Coordinates project engineering and project management activities on the plant site, in conjunction with the Engineering and Maintenance Managers. Project can be related to the implementation of new processes and/or the revision of existing processes. This can include the assignment and supervision of contractors. Provides project engineering assistance and manages projects as needed throughout the plant. Provides work supervision and guidance to contractors and designated plant personnel working on projects and shutdown/maintenance work.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Plans, surveys, designs and writes specifications and obtains contractors for the implementation of new projects as well as the revision of existing ones as needed.
- Supervises and inspects the work performed by contractors.
- Monitors project budgets, schedule and work quality.
- Performs field inspections and report on project process.
- Evaluates and review third-party engineering conceptual designs, quotations and drawings for accuracy and communicate deficiencies for resolution in the best interest of the plant/company.
- Assists plant management in planning and preparing capital expenditure proposals and budgets.
- Provides mechanical, civil, structural and/or electrical assistance as needed for various operations and plant construction projects.
- Assists as specified by plant management submitting for permit applications.
- Directs and evaluates engineering activities performed by outside engineering firms as needed.
- Coordinates with plant department managers in planning major projects and plant shutdown repairs and maintenance activities.
- Maintains updated plant equipment data files, site maps, various drawings, engineering reference material and/or records of the plant's locations of underground utilities.
- Inspects fabricated and manufactured equipment received at the plant as specified.
- Performs other job-related responsibilities as needed.
Required Minimum Qualifications
Knowledge / Skills / Abilities
- Strong knowledge of engineering and surveying theories, principles and techniques, especially those regarding mechanical engineering.
- Extensive knowledge of project and contract management practices.
- Strategic planning, decision making, communication, analytical and negotiation skills needed.
- Ability to use AutoCAD, Microsoft Office products, plus other relevant software packages.
- Ability to carry approximately fifty pounds of equipment to various locations on plant grounds.
- Ability to climb ladders and walk over rocky and uneven surfaces.
- Ability to work at heights up to 275 feet.
- B.S. degree in mechanical, structural or civil engineering preferred.
- Professional Engineer designation preferred.
- Five or more years of experience managing projects in heavy construction and/or process industry.
Ash Grove Cement is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.
Who We Are
Get what you want out of life with a global company building the world Imagine leveraging your military background and experience at a company that is building the world’s largest bridges, highways and skyscrapers.
We’re hiring the next generation of plant managers, engineers and operations experts.