Project Lead- Fontana, CA Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Fontana, CA 92337, US
- Primary responsibility is being the “voice of the customer” in OI facilities
- Responsible for managing multiple sales orders concurrently.
- Upon sales order assignment by the C.O.M, share responsibility with the O.S.R and Est. to hold a Turnover/Kick Off meeting at the point of sale to ensure all needed information and paperwork are complete; that the scope of work is clear; review the estimate and confirm values for all items; and begins the process of scheduling the project with production to align with “Customer Ship Date” in AX.
- From point of sales order assignment, the P.L. becomes the point of contact for the customer. They must ensure the customer is kept up-to-date from production schedule to on-site delivery.
- Provide direction and oversight to all aspects of the project team; engineering, production planning, transportation, procurement and accounting.
- Prepare any applicable change order proposals in a timely manner, whether owner/ client/ engineer request or by generation from OI.
- Monitors the progress and status from the point of sales as it moves through the process, and acts to problem solve proactively, offers technical advice, and assists other staff to expedite assigned projects, removes obstacles which may cause a project to fall behind schedule.
- Ensures a mentality of continuous improvement of processes and systems.
- If needed, coordinate site visits and work with the customer to ensure that all issues that arise from the point of sale to completion of the project are resolved promptly, including but not limited to change orders, adjustments to schedule and collect information as appropriate to each assigned project. Identify and requisition special purchase items as required
- Managing the required submittals/approvals with customer as required
- Communicate with the Transportation department on the initial delivery needs of the customer and follow up when required
- Working with other project managers and the plant manager to manage the long-term schedule to minimize conflicts with operational restrictions.
Process Management – Takes a systematic approach in contributing to making the company’s workflow more effective, efficient, and capable of adapting to an ever-changing environment.
Quality Focus – Ensures that all work in one’s own area of the business, throughout the organization, by vendors, suppliers, etc. is performed with excellence and to high standards for quality and integrity.
Information Seeking – Driven by an underlying curiosity and desire to know more about things, people, or issues. This involves going beyond routine questions and includes digging or pressing for exact information; resolving discrepancies by asking a series of questions; or conducting environmental scanning for opportunities or miscellaneous information that may be used in the future.
Planning and Priority Setting – Identifies the priorities, processes, and practical actions that are necessary to achieve an objective or an idea. This requires developing detailed action or project plans, including objectives, accountabilities, time frames, standards, review stages, and contingencies.
Communicating – Provides the information required by others in a concise, direct, and unambiguous way. They perceive how the message affects the receiver and strive to ensure that the receiver clearly understands the specifics and function of the message.
Negotiating – Identifies key bargaining points for all parties and work effectively toward win-win solutions.
Organizational Savvy – Gathers and accurately assesses information related to the organization’s formal and informal communication channels and power relationships.
Key Performance Measurements
- Meet “Requested Ship Date” determined when Sales Order is created in AX
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience required. *Civil Engineering preferred
- 5+ years Project Management experience
- Demonstrated ability to manage several large to small, complex projects simultaneously.
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook)
- Ability to review and work from production schematics and engineering drawings
- Strong organizational and communication skills.
- Experience within the construction or precast concrete industry
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
CRH Americas is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.
Who We Are
Get what you want out of life with a global company building the world Imagine leveraging your military background and experience at a company that is building the world’s largest bridges, highways and skyscrapers.
We’re hiring the next generation of plant managers, engineers and operations experts.