Project Manager/Estimator Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Rathdrum, ID 83858, US
Operations, Field & Plant Management
What you Can Do (Minimum Qualifications)
- You place a strong emphasis on always providing exceptional customer service to internal and external customers, and work diligently to find the best solutions when problems arise.
- You have demonstrated the ability to effectively organize and manage multiple projects at a time, each with many moving pieces, while delivering quality end results within the expected timeframe.
- You’re proficient with PC Programs and the Microsoft Office Suite and possess the ability to quickly learn new programs and applications.
- You have a valid driver’s license, the ability to pass a pre-employment drug screen, and have current US Authorization to work, or the ability to obtain prior to start without company assistance.
- Prior experience with Microsoft Projects, Bid2Win, or takeoff software applications
- Experience with supervisory skills, production, safety and/or operations
- Bachelors Degree in Construction Management, Civil Engineering or related field and/or previous experience in bidding, estimating, project coordination, or field management.
- Annual Base Salary DOE
- Annual Bonus Potential
- Company Vehicle Provided
- Generous Vacation Policy
- 401k with Roth option & 5% Company Match
- Profit Sharing
- 9 Paid Holidays (8 Static and 1 Floating)
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Company Paid Life Insurance
- Short- & Long-Term Disability
- Annual Merit Raises
- Opportunities for Internal Mobility
- Professional Development Opportunities
- Earn More with our Employee Referral Program
- Company Discounts on products, goods, services, electronics, automotive, travel & more!
- Opportunities for Community Engagement
Key Responsibilities (Essential Duties and Functions)
- Provides estimating and submission of bids on all projects (i.e. public/private) as directed by the Construction Manager. This involves thorough review of bid documents, collection of subcontractor prices and prompt submission of the bid.
- Coordination of bid evaluations should be based on review with Construction Manager. Bids should be cost evaluated to previous type of work, production rates, labor productivity, and previous bid history.
On successful bids, the project manager should prepare and submit all contract documents and insure they are properly executed. Key areas of responsibility include:
- Subcontracts and sub-contractor coordination.
- Project schedules, material requests and approvals.
- Coordinate project specific training, safety and EEOC compliance.
- Pre-construction conferences with the Production Department and/or owner.
- Coordination with Construction Managers, superintendents, and contract administrators.
- Preparation/approval of monthly pay estimates from owner and sub-contractors. Accuracy of pay estimates.
- Maintain positive relationships with private and public owners.
- Assure accuracy of sub-contractor submittals and coordination of work.
- Coordination with owners on timing of work and proper completion.
- Negotiate all contract change orders in writing prior to the work being accomplished
- Respond timely to all owner and sub-contractor correspondence
- Approve all subcontractor/supplier invoices
- Maintain daily project logs/quantity records. Monitor job costs with Operation Department.
- Assure compliance with project specifications, quality and customer satisfaction.
- In some locations, the project manager may work in the field, deliver supplies and assist the work crews.
- Other tasks and duties as assigned to meet business needs.
- Regular and timely attendance.
- Participate in and promote an inclusive work environment.
The statements included in this job description are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements and criteria necessary to successfully perform the job. Other duties may be assigned as required. Requirements for this job are subject to modification by the Company and its designees, and reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A diverse and inclusive culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
Interstate Concrete & Asphalt Co., a CRH Company, is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.
Who We Are
Get what you want out of life with a global company building the world Imagine leveraging your military background and experience at a company that is building the world’s largest bridges, highways and skyscrapers.
We’re hiring the next generation of plant managers, engineers and operations experts.