QC Supervisor-Houston, TX Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Houston, TX 77007, US
- Responsible for providing leadership that develops and sustains a team supporting our core values of Safety, Integrity & Quality.
- Support and lead the QC team in safe production activities with the goal of sustaining ZERO incidents.
- Maintain QC/QA processes for facilities to ensure Texas Materials meets and exceeds state and federal requirements.
- Responsible for all quality control activities required to produce aggregate materials that meet all state, county, town, local/private and federal specification requirements.
- Create awareness among personnel regarding KPI’s (key performance indicators) and cost control.
- Support product quality and customer service by maintaining a strong line of communication with all lines of business, management, and their teams.
- Support customers and sales team demand for samples to be collected, packaged, tested, and sent out.
- Interacts directly with internal and external customers through effective communication to satisfy material submittal and testing deadlines.
- Work with internal HMA and Ready Mix QC to meet their needs.
- Troubleshoot issues that arise from customers by analyzing and evaluating specific conditions or situations to the best benefit of the company and the customer.
- Effectively manage employee performance through (FLT) Front Line Leadership Training that includes but is not limited to coaching, feedback (written and verbal), rewards, and discipline when necessary.
- Maintain current QC/QA certifications.
- Stonemont master user to review product changes over time.
- Strictly adhere to safety requirements and procedures as outlined in Texas Materials safety policies and procedures.
- Adhere to all applicable regulations including (MSHA) Mine Safety and Health Administration and (OSHA) Occupational Safety and Health Administration aggregate production, safety, environmental, state, federal, and company policies; ensure observance and compliance of such regulations.
- Bi-annual 3rd party product testing for all products at all locations.
- Conduct testing of TxDOT state base at the Marble Falls quarry location.
- Oversee and ensure lab equipment and reference materials are maintained and up to date.
- Mentor others in the areas of technical, operational, customer relations and supervisory functions.
- Regular and timely attendance is required.
- Actively participate in industry associations, including Texas Asphalt and Concrete Association (TACA). Support and maintain a working relationship with state, local and private agencies.
- Manage all financial aspects of the quality control business unit.
- Perform business management duties such as maintaining records and files, preparing reports and ordering supplies and equipment.
- Review tests and procedures performed to ensure the results conform to the established procedures and policies.
- Oversee QMS program.
Oversight on specialty products and products with tight tolerance:
- Grade 4 and 5 HMA rock
- P154 and rapid drain materials
- Specialty blends
- Testing and creating new products
- Conduct laboratory tours and explain operating procedures to the public and visitors.
- Managing QC technicians at the quarry and remote technicians to support the PS&G sites, including managing employee workloads, schedules and staffing needs.
- Verify and oversee all training/certifications for lab employees.
- Assist with Interviewing and hiring process as necessary.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) is required.
- 2 or more years of experience in quality control preferred.
- 1 or more years of experience managing a staff of 2 or more employees.
- A Geology or technical degree from an accredited university may be substituted for years of experience stated above on a year-by-year basis.
- Should possess or have the ability to obtain the following certifications: TxDOT Level IC Aggregate Certification
- A diverse and inclusive culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
- Competitive base pay
- Medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
Texas Materials, a CRH Company, is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.
Who We Are
Get what you want out of life with a global company building the world Imagine leveraging your military background and experience at a company that is building the world’s largest bridges, highways and skyscrapers.
We’re hiring the next generation of plant managers, engineers and operations experts.