Quality Assurance Inspector & Production Optimizer - Night Shift - Los Angeles, CA Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Los Angeles, CA 90022, US
• Inspects incoming materials by confirming specifications, conducting a visual and measurement test, and rejecting and returning unacceptable materials
• Approves in-process production by confirming required specifications, conducting visual and measurement tests, and communicating the required adjustments to the appropriate production personnel.
• Documents inspection results by completing reports and logs, summarizes re-work and waste, and inputs data into quality database.
• Keeps measurement equipment operating by following operating instructions, calibration requirements, and requesting repairs.
• Maintains safe and healthy work environment by following company standards and procedures.
• Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities, reading technical publications, attending seminars, watching industry videos, etc.
• Accomplish organization mission by completing related results as needed
• Maintains records of testing, information, and various metrics such as number of defective products per day etc.
- Work directly with facility production teams
- Optimize and enter glass production orders and send orders to production floor
- Use glass production optimization software to ensure maximum usage of glass
- Prevent unneeded production waste
- Accurately balance production loads for the manufacturing department
- Monitor and report on any production delays/issues
- Maintain and monitor glass/materials inventory continually to ensure no production delays
- Provide feedback to Senior Management on process solutions
- Support production floor teams on an as needed basis and notify Plant Manager immediately of any delays/issues as they arise
- Maximize glass usage
• Experience as quality inspector or relevant role
• Ability to read and interpret dimensioned part and assembly drawings
• Proficient in the use of typical quality measuring devices such as tape measures, calipers, micrometers, Webster hardness meters, protractors, etc.
• Basic computer skills using email, word processing, and Excel
• Good communication skills – both written and oral
• Good math skills
• Excellent organizational skills
• Able to wear and use personal protective equipment such as safety glasses, cut resistant gloves, safety shoes, and hearing protection
- Data analysis experience preferred but not required
- Manufacturing/production planning/optimization experience preferred but not required
- Technologically inclined: ability to quickly pick up and learn new optimization and computer software
- Data entry experience
- Ability to manage time properly
- Fast learner
- Critical thinking
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
CRH Americas is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.
Who We Are
Get what you want out of life with a global company building the world Imagine leveraging your military background and experience at a company that is building the world’s largest bridges, highways and skyscrapers.
We’re hiring the next generation of plant managers, engineers and operations experts.