Quality Control Inspector - Vernon, CA Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Los Angeles, CA 90058, US
Who are we:
C.R. Laurence Co., Inc. (CRL), a CRH company, is the leading supplier to the glazing, architectural, railing, construction, industrial, and automotive industries. Offering more than 60,000 products, we serve the industry from locations throughout North America, Europe, and Australia.
We are part of the Oldcastle Building Envelope of CRH and operate our business to the highest standards of quality and customer service. The companies and institutions that depend on us impact the growing fields of glass fabrication, construction, architecture, and automotive restyling. Their positions as leaders in their own industries mean they demand the highest standards from their suppliers.
About the Position:
We are seeking an experienced Quality Control Inspector to join our team. In this position, you will maintain quality standards by inspecting and approving incoming materials, in-process production, finished products, and recording the results. Excellent communication and leadership skills are a must, as well as a keen attention to detail. This position reports directly to the Quality Control Supervisor.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Inspects incoming materials by confirming specifications, conducting a visual and measurement test, and rejecting and returning unacceptable materials
• Approves in-process production by confirming required specifications, conducting visual and measurement tests, and communicating the required adjustments to the appropriate production personnel.
• Documents inspection results by completing reports and logs, summarizes re-work and waste, and inputs data into quality database.
• Keeps measurement equipment operating by following operating instructions, calibration requirements, and requesting repairs.
• Maintains safe and healthy work environment by following company standards and procedures.
• Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities, reading technical publications, attending seminars, watching industry videos, etc.
• Accomplish organization mission by completing related results as needed
• Maintains records of testing, information, and various metrics such as number of defective products per day etc.
Skills, Knowledge, & Ability Requirements:
• Experience as quality inspector or relevant role
• Ability to read and interpret dimensioned part and assembly drawings
• Proficient in the use of typical quality measuring devices such as tape measures, calipers, micrometers, Webster hardness meters, protractors, etc.
• Familiarity with quality testing machines and systems
• Knowledge of material and testing standard
• Basic computer skills using email, word processing, and Excel
• Good communication skills – both written and oral
• Ability to read, interpret, and perform tests per written test methods
• Good math skills
• Excellent organizational skills
• Able to wear and use personal protective equipment such as safety glasses, cut resistant gloves, safety shoes, and hearing protection
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
CRH Americas is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.
C.R. Laurence Co., Inc. (CRL) is an E-Verify Employer.
Who We Are
Get what you want out of life with a global company building the world Imagine leveraging your military background and experience at a company that is building the world’s largest bridges, highways and skyscrapers.
We’re hiring the next generation of plant managers, engineers and operations experts.