Quality Control Internship (Summer 2024) Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Spokane, WA 99216, US
- Learn Quality Control methods and reporting procedures.
- Follow quality control plans or guidelines as assigned
- Learn the entire paving process and density control.
- Work with QC Technicians to further understand smoothness determinations and IRI reporting.
- Learn how to conduct and test equipment calibrations.
- Work to understand aggregate processing and quality conformance.
- Assist with testing materials in a safe, efficient, and productive manner.
- Identify and become familiar with various mix specifications requirements.
- Test materials to determine specific requirements such as weight, gravity, temperature, thickness, and gradation of mix components.
- Communicate with other technicians regarding mix specifications and test results.
- Input test result data into computers in laboratories and remote locations.
- Communicate and assist paving personnel in adjusting processes to conform to specifications.
- Report and communicate test results ethically, adhering to the companies Ethics Policy.
- Regular and timely attendance
- Participate in and promote an inclusive work environment
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Applicants must be entering their Sophomore, Junior or Senior year and currently enrolled in a Construction Management, Civil Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Materials Science, Geology or related program of study
- Must be available to work approximately 40 hours per week
- Must have a current and valid driver’s license
- Ability to perform intermediate mathematical skills, including basic algebra.
- Must pass pre-employment controlled-substance testing
- Paid Sick Leave
- 9 Paid Holidays (8 Static and 1 Floating)
- Employee Assistance Program
- Potential for Overtime
- Opportunities for Internal Mobility
- Professional Development Opportunities
- Training Provided
- Earn More with our Employee Referral Program
- Company Discounts on products, goods, services, electronics, automotive, travel & more!
- Opportunities for Community Engagement
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A diverse and inclusive culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
Central Pre-Mix Concrete Co., a CRH Company, is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.
Sorry, this job is closed.
Who We Are
Get what you want out of life with a global company building the world Imagine leveraging your military background and experience at a company that is building the world’s largest bridges, highways and skyscrapers.
We’re hiring the next generation of plant managers, engineers and operations experts.