Quality Control Manager- Central Southern Utah Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Huntington, UT 84528, US
Operations, Field & Plant Management
- Ensures a safe working environment in compliance with all of Staker Parson Safety Polices for all employees and visitors to the facility.
- A self starter that is capable of determining and prioritizing the highest value tasks.
- Ability to effectively lead a team that is dispersed throughout the State of Utah
- Provide input for quality control department development in sub-region strategic planning meetings.
- Coordinate capital expenditure (CapEx) program to ensure quality control equipment and facilities are available to meet company needs.
- Prioritize and coordinate resources between businesses to optimize the efficiency of the entire quality control team and equipment.
- Tasked with the continual improvement of quality throughout the Central South sub-region through leadership, analysis, collaboration, influence and training.
- Ability to analyze product specifications to help establish quality of materials and to ensure a quality finished product.
- Promotes the pursuit of WAQTC certifications by all QC personnel.
- Investigates and addresses customer complaints regarding quality in order to maintain customer relations.
- Job requires an extensive knowledge of aggregate and asphalt and respective test standards and the ability to perform/analyze product testing/results.
- Coordinates the design of all asphalt mix designs and their implementation at the plants.
- Oversees all laboratory and field testing with local scheduling and deployment of resources by Laboratory Managers. This includes cutting cores, taking densities using nuclear gauges, various other types of sampling and testing as needed. Also includes all laboratory testing of aggregates and asphalt mixes, including gradations, oil contents and volumetrics, etc.
- Oversees all Material Certification submittals for the Company and outside customers as requested with local help from Laboratory Managers.
- Responsible for being liaison between the Company and outside testing labs. State Departments of Transportation, appropriate county and/or cities, and independent labs are included.
- Responsible for informing the proper supervision of test results and giving technical advice and information when requested. This includes prompt notification of supervisors of poor test results and other deficiencies when they occur.
- Responsible for keeping accurate records of test results and correspondence.
- Required to take continuing education courses when available and at superior’s discretion.
- Ability to collaborate with aggregate and asphalt line of business managers to help influence aggregate and asphalt quality through production and mix blend management.
- Understanding of state nuclear material licensing regulations.
- Coordinate with construction lines of business in each Operating Company to understand quality control needs for individual projects.
- General Understanding in the development of environmental product declarations for asphalt mixes and experience using the NAPA Eco-Label program.
- Understanding of the AASHTO ReSource process to assess and certify quality control laboratories.
- Understanding in the use of PRISM inventory management software or willingness to learn.
- Experience using Stonemont software to aid in the management of aggregate and asphalt quality test results or willingness to learn. Use of the Stonemont blending tools is a plus.
- Coordinate efforts of the individual quality control teams through various QC team meetings and other communication as necessary to ensure all necessary support is provided to fulfill needed quality control testing.
- Experience utilizing asphalt mix blend management spreadsheets and techniques to help maintain asphalt mix quality.
- Ability to effectively communicate quality needs with asphalt and aggregate business leaders, hot plant operators and crusher operators.
- Ability to analyze test results and provide written evaluations and recommendations to Owners for placed asphalt mix that may not fully meet specified requirements, but still provides substantial value to the Owner.
- Requires intermittent visits to aggregate pits, asphalt plants and construction projects with to help monitor and promote quality material production and placement.
- Ability to analyze test results, identify opportunities and craft procedures/training to promote continuous improvement in testing, and quality material production.
- Professional Engineer (PE) licensed in the State of Utah with at least 2 years of aggregate and asphalt quality control experience - preferred
- Experience in construction, aggregate and asphalt quality control and other listed requirements could be substituted for the PE requirement
- Previous leadership experience is preferred
- Travel within the Central & Southern Utah business area (20-40%)
- Adheres to and promotes safety requirements, policies, and procedures as outlined in the employee policy manual.
- Must be willing to travel to jobsites and work away from home when required.
- This is a professional position and requires punctuality and being responsible for managing work time
- Work in a team environment and assist co-workers or supervisors/managers with other duties as required.
- Available to work nights and weekends when necessary.
- Asphalt mix design knowledge and experience
- Experience with asphalt mix design blend changes
- Familiar with AASHTO Re Source requirements
- Excel, Word, Powerpoint, etc
- Stonemont, PRISM, QC Money, Eco-Label tool
- Excellent communication skills, both verbally and written
- Much of the time is spent in an office setting with sedentary conditions
- Will be exposed to dust, noise, heavy equipment, seasonal temperatures and live traffic during field visits.
- Ability to drive long distances as needed to visit projects, plants or material sites
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A diverse and inclusive culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
Nielson Construction & Materials, a CRH Company, is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.
Who We Are
Get what you want out of life with a global company building the world Imagine leveraging your military background and experience at a company that is building the world’s largest bridges, highways and skyscrapers.
We’re hiring the next generation of plant managers, engineers and operations experts.