Quality Control Technician - Four Corners Materials Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Farmington, CO 87401, US
- Safety First Mentality; Abides by all safety rules and regulations. All unsafe practices and conditions will need to be reported promptly.
- Performs required ASTM tests on aggregates and asphalt.
- Performs aggregate sieve analysis and drafts reports regularly to ensure compliance to specifications.
- Maintains all equipment in good operational conditions and ensures equipment is calibrated correctly.
- During production, coordinates concrete mix design adjustments with Plant Foreman/Batch personnel.
- Provides quality customer service by answering questions and complaints in a timely and professional manner. The candidate shall maintain professional relationships with customers.
- Regular, reliable, and punctual attendance is required. Duties may include night work.
- Other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- High School diploma or general education degree (GED) required.
- Two years of experience with construction quality control testing preferred.
- Experience in a building materials/construction industry preferred.
- NMDOT Aggregates, Asphalt Certifications preferred, and CDOT CAPA A, B, C Certifications preferred.
- Must be 18 years in age or older.
- Must pass pre-employment physical, drug screen and criminal background check.
- Must possess and maintain a valid driver’s license.
- Report to work dressed appropriately and ready to begin work at the designated start time.
- Strict adherence to safety requirements and procedures as outlined in the Employee Handbook.
- Willingness to work independently within in a team environment and assist the team with other duties as required.
- Must be willing to work irregular hours, nights, weekends, and swing shift when necessary.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
- Ability to read, interpret and follow documents and procedures such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
- Ability to perform basic mathematical calculations.
- Ability to operate a computer and software applications. Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Ability to be self-sufficient and perform tasks and duties without immediate supervision.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with other employees and managers.
- Always demonstrate proper etiquette, representing LRC professionally and courteously to current and prospective clients.
- Demonstrate excellent attention to detail including the ability to recognize discrepancies.
- Employ general knowledge and troubleshooting capabilities.
- Perform required field and laboratory tests and procedures per applicable standards.
- Ability to organize, maintain and communicate statistical data related to the Quality Control department.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Requires full range of body motion including handling and operating various hand and power tools, manual and finger dexterity, and eye-hand coordination.
- Requires standing and bending over for extended periods of time.
- Requires reaching, crawling, climbing, grasping, kneeling, squatting, and twisting. Often requires lifting, carrying, pushing and/or pulling items weighing up to 50 pounds.
- Ability to lift, move up to 50 lbs.
- Sometimes requires working at heights.
- Requires correct vision and hearing within normal range.
- Requires working under stressful conditions.
- This is a safety sensitive position.
The statements included in this job description are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements and criteria necessary to successfully perform the job. Other duties may be assigned as required. Requirements for this job are subject to modification by the Company and its designees, and reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
Four Corners Materials, a CRH Company, is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.
Who We Are
Get what you want out of life with a global company building the world Imagine leveraging your military background and experience at a company that is building the world’s largest bridges, highways and skyscrapers.
We’re hiring the next generation of plant managers, engineers and operations experts.