Quality Control Technician - ICON Materials (Auburn, WA) Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Auburn, WA 98092, US
Key Responsibilities (Essential Duties and Functions)
- Performs sand and gravel gradation tests on all materials produced at the pit on a minimum of 15 samples per day. As well as conduct frequent visual inspections of all products.
- Performs asphalt extraction/gradation testing using an incinerator oven on 2 to 8 samples per day.
- Performs moisture testing of aggregates as needed for asphalt production.
- Performs sieve analysis testing of pit materials and reports results to Crusher Superintendent or Operator.
- Observes all safety standards and participates in the Company’s efforts to provide a safe work environment.
- Keeps work area clean and hazard free. Wears appropriate personal protective equipment – eye protection, hearing protection, hardhat, safety vest, and respirator where required.
- Recognizes and corrects unsafe work practices and hazardous conditions or reports such conditions to appropriate personnel.
- Is aware of locations of material safety data sheets (MSDS) and refers to them when necessary.
- Accurately records all test results on proper forms.
- Maintains internal and external customer relations.
- Performs general clean-up and maintenance duties as assigned.
- Performs other job related responsibilities and special projects as requested.
- Other tasks and duties as assigned to meet business needs.
- Regular and timely attendance.
- Participate in and promote an inclusive work environment.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) preferred. High school chemistry coursework helpful. Basic math skills required.
- One to three months experience in a similar position preferred, but not required.
- Must have a current and valid driver’s license with a good driving record.
- Ability to accurately and timely collect and prepare samples.
- Ability to operate laboratory equipment.
- Ability to operate manlift for access to materials for sampling.
- Ability to work at heights up to 25 feet.
- Must be alert and aware of the surrounding area while collecting samples.
- Ability to read and understand warning labels, instructions, signs, etc.
- Skills needed include time management, organization and communication skills.
- Work requires frequent standing, walking, climbing, bending, and the ability to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Must be able to pass pre-employment drug screen and physical.
- Safety minded professional who demonstrates good performance, attendance and punctuality.
- Demonstrates the ability to work independently, without direct supervision.
- Demonstrates the ability to perform duties under temperature extremes and for extended hours of time
- Demonstrates the willingness to work overtime and weekends/holidays.
- Demonstrates the willingness to learn and work a variety of job tasks.
- Demonstrates excellent communication and customer service skills.
- Customer Service - Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs.
- Teamwork - Contributes to building a positive team spirit.
- Judgment - Exhibits sound and accurate judgment.
- Planning/Organizing - Uses time efficiently.
- Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Accepts responsibility for own actions.
- Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures; Determines appropriate action beyond guidelines; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials properly.
- Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment; Changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time.
- Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals.
- Initiative - Asks for and offers help when needed.
- Innovation - Generates suggestions for improving work.
- Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed, but uninvolved written or oral instructions.
The statements included in this job description are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements and criteria necessary to successfully perform the job. Other duties may be assigned as required. Requirements for this job are subject to modification by the Company and its designees, and reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development and internal promotion
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
ICON Materials is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.
Who We Are
Get what you want out of life with a global company building the world Imagine leveraging your military background and experience at a company that is building the world’s largest bridges, highways and skyscrapers.
We’re hiring the next generation of plant managers, engineers and operations experts.