Quarry Plant Mechanic (Marble Falls) Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Marble Falls, TX 78654, US
- Ensure a safe work environment in compliance with all safety policies and procedures using the appropriate tools and equipment for the task.
- Properly follow all company policies and OSHA / MSA regulations for safe working procedures.
- Report any problems to your manager.
- Follow directions of manager as to daily tasks and expectations for each specific duty.
- Perform record keeping of time and parts used on the appropriate forms.
- Perform general cleaning of work areas and maintenance areas.
- Must know conveyer set up and repair
- Must know how to welding and cut
- Must know Plant systems troubleshooting
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Operate and upkeep on company owned truck
- Work and communicate with multiple plant operators and supervisors
- Frequent 24 hour on call during peak production times
- Follow lock out tag out procedures
- Must pass pre-employment drug screen and criminal background check.
- Must pass a pre-employment “Fit for Work” physical.
- Must be able to provide valid documentation for the I-9 Immigration document.
- Display a professional and courteous attitude to co-workers, supervisors and the general public at all times.
- Must be willing to travel and work away from home when required.
- Must be willing to work nights and weekends when necessary.
- Report to work at the designated start time.
- Must be able to work overtime when required.
- Must be willing to work outdoors in extreme temperatures, both hot and cold.
- Must be able to read, write and do basic mathematical calculations in order to keep time and material records
- Must be able to understand and follow verbal and written instructions.
- Must be able to effectively communicate verbally and in writing
- Strict adherence to safety requirements and procedures as outlined in the Employee Handbook.
- Willingness to work in a team environment and assist co–workers or supervisors with other duties as required.
- Individuals are required to wear personal protective equipment (PPE) in designated operations and production areas as stated by OSHA and / or MSHA.
- Able to stand, walk, use hands and fingers to manipulate objects or controls, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, talk and hear.
- May require sitting for extended periods of time.
- Vision abilities (with correction) include close, distance, peripheral, depth, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Able to climb ladders and to work at heights.
- Able to move/carry objects up to 50 lbs.
- Able to work in all weather conditions.
- Must maintain current driver’s license that meets state requirements.
- Must be at least age 18 years of age due to nature of working environment.
- While performing the duties of the job, the employee may be occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles.
- The employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts; high, precarious places; outside weather conditions; and risk of electrical shock or burn.
- The noise level in some areas of the work environment may be loud, but is typically moderate.
- High School diploma or general education degree (GED) preferred.
- 1-2 year experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development and internal promotion
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
Texas Materials is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.
Who We Are
Get what you want out of life with a global company building the world Imagine leveraging your military background and experience at a company that is building the world’s largest bridges, highways and skyscrapers.
We’re hiring the next generation of plant managers, engineers and operations experts.