Quarry Worker Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Okay, OK 74446, US
Laborers and Production Workers
Do you want to work for a company that values your skills? Do you want to work for a company that values safety above all else? Are you looking for opportunities and benefits of a large corporation with a small company feel? Then Oldcastle Materials is the company for you! Apply for the Quarry Worker today and jumpstart your career with the Oldcastle Materials family.
The selected candidate will be required to work in a team environment with other co-workers and managers.
- Keep work platforms clean and free of material
- Operate skid steer to maintain quarry access point.
- Complete cleanup assignments mainly with hand-held tools; work safely around moving and/or rotating equipment while using the required personal protective safety equipment.
- Perform a pre-operational check, servicing of and operation of all assigned mobile equipment.
- Operate light mobile equipment as trained and directed.
- Run crushing plant as directed.
- Assist with plant repairs as needed.
- Perform cleanup with water avoiding unsafe conditions of water on motors and other electrical equipment and be able to work and move hoses safely while standing on slippery surfaces.
- Keep foreman informed of any problems affecting assigned work.
- Be aware of environmentally sensitive areas and be alert to correct environmental problems that may develop in the assigned work area.
The ideal candidate will:
- Pass pre-employment drug screen and criminal background check.
- Pass a pre-employment “Fit for Work” physical.
- Be able to provide valid documentation for the I-9 Immigration document.
- Display a professional and courteous attitude to co-workers, supervisors and the general public at all times.
- Willing to travel and work away from home when required.
- Be willing to work nights and weekends when necessary.
- Report to work at the designated start time.
- Be able to work overtime when required.
- Be willing to work outdoors in extreme temperatures, both hot and cold.
- Climbing, stretching, driving/steering, sitting, twisting, vibration, riding on rough terrain. Use of hand tools such as wrenches and screwdrivers.
- Strictly adhere to safety requirements and procedures as outlined in the Employee Handbook.
- Have the willingness to work in a team environment and assist co–workers or supervisors with other duties as required.
- Wear personal protective equipment (PPE) in designated operations and production areas as stated by OSHA and/or MSHA.
- Be at least age 18 years of age due to nature of working environment.
- Minimum high school diploma or general education degree (GED) required.
- Previous related experience preferred
- Technical education or certificate on basic welding and fitting
- Welding Certification approved by State is preferred, but not required
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development and internal promotion
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
APAC Central Inc. is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.
Sorry, this job is closed.
Who We Are
Get what you want out of life with a global company building the world Imagine leveraging your military background and experience at a company that is building the world’s largest bridges, highways and skyscrapers.
We’re hiring the next generation of plant managers, engineers and operations experts.