Ready Mix Account Manager-Cedar Park, TX Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Cedar Park, TX 78613, US
Sales & Estimating
Texas Concrete is looking for an Account Manager to join our team in the Austin, TX area. The Account Manager reports to the Sales Manager and is responsible for developing and maintaining favorable relationships with current and potential customers, achieving sales goals of our Ready-mix concrete products business, developing short and long-term sales strategies and sales plans to increase the sales volume and profit margins.
- Assist the Sales Manager in developing strategy and tactics to ensure meeting company sales goals and profitability in key markets.
- Analyze market potential, including competitive pricing, customer profiles, activities, market trends, demand forecasting, and other relevant facts and report findings to the sales manager.
- Identify and bid projects within the assigned market.
- Sell products to business and industrial establishments or individuals utilizing knowledge of the products sold.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge base of the entire product line, product changes, selling strategies, competitive surveillance methods, expense control, etc.
- Provide customers with material quotes an record orders in tracking system.
- Track sales and report to management on the progress of future orders.
- Develop and continually grow relationships with customers, through phone, electronic and face-to-face communication.
- Partner with internal departments to ensure every account receives the highest level of customer service.
- Communicate with the sales teams to manage and coordinate sales to customers who overlap geographic markets, as well as to leverage the CRH portfolio across company boundaries.
- Manage CRH relationships with key accounts.
- Conduct negotiations with suppliers and vendors as needed.
- Increase sales volume for company’s products and services, while meeting profit margin goals and maintaining sales expense budget.
- Track product inventory to ensure an adequate supply of product is available to meet customers’ needs.
- Compiles a list of prospective customers for use as sales leads, based on information from a variety of sources.
- Coordinate product delivery, if necessary.
- Participate in industry and product-related associations, training programs, conferences, seminars and educational forums to develop and maintain key networking and business relationships.
- Regular and predictable attendance at assigned times is required.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Business Administration, or a minimum of 3 years of work experience, with concrete or construction-related experience preferred
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in a Sales/Marketing position or equivalent position with a customer service focus required, with building material or construction-related sales preferred.
- Salesforce experience preferred, not required.
- Must be 18 years in age or older.
- Must pass pre-employment physical, drug screen and criminal background check.
- Have a valid Driver’s License and an acceptable driving record.
- Residency within assigned territory is a requirement.
- Strict adherence to safety requirements and procedures as outlined in the Employee Handbook.
- Willingness to work in a team environment and assist co-workers or supervisors with other duties as required.
- Display a professional and courteous attitude to co-workers, supervisors, and the general public at all times.
- Must be willing to travel and work away from home when required (up to 50%).
- Must be willing to work nights and weekends when necessary.
- Must have the ability to work without close supervision.
- Prior construction sales experience minimum 2 years, preferred
- Demonstrate strong business acumen in regard to sales and marketing and/or the construction market; be knowledgeable in regard to current and possible future industry trends.
- Demonstrate the ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with customers – both internal and external.
- Be proactive, self-motivated, self-starter who is action-oriented and drives for results.
- Foster a collaborative, team-based approach.
- Highly ethical.
- Be proficient in basic Microsoft Office software (Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint)
- Have strong interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Ability to work with a diverse group of people within the Company and in a sales capacity.
- Must have the drive and self-discipline to work independently within the territory to accomplish goals.
- Highly developed oral, verbal and written communication skills and an ability to work with management.
- Demonstrate effective skills in dealing with employees at all levels.
- Ability to be a self-starter and able to operate under general guidelines.
- Ability to make presentations in front of many people.
- Ability to effectively work with customers, employees, and suppliers.
- Ability to provide and understand detailed information.
- Ability to analyze issues independently.
- Ability to perform under deadline pressure.
- Ability to understand and follow complex verbal and written instructions.
- Ability to meet attendance schedule with dependability and consistency.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Able to stand, walk, use hands and fingers to manipulate objects, talk and hear.
- Vision abilities (with correction) include close, distance, peripheral, depth, and the ability to adjust focus.
- The employee is frequently required to sit and use hands.
- The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk and bend.
- Standard office environment.
- Tempo is fast-paced with deadlines.
- The noise level in some areas of the work environment may be moderate.
- A diverse and inclusive culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
- Competitive base pay
- Medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
Texas Materials, a CRH Company, is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.
Who We Are
Get what you want out of life with a global company building the world Imagine leveraging your military background and experience at a company that is building the world’s largest bridges, highways and skyscrapers.
We’re hiring the next generation of plant managers, engineers and operations experts.