Ready Mix Batch Person - IMC Treasure Valley Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Eagle, ID 83616, US
Operations, Field & Plant Management
Key Responsibilities (Essential Duties and Functions)
- Batches concrete load according to specifications. Reads dispatch orders and understands required needs for production of materials.
- Conduct batching operations in an efficient and safe manner while complying with all local, state and federal regulations.
- Conduct batching functions in a professional manner and ensure compliance with job specifications and all applicable environmental and air quality regulations.
- Prints out invoice tickets on each truck/load and files. Gives copy of invoice to truck drivers to obtain customer payment upon delivery of materials as needed.
- Responsible for efficient working condition of plant equipment. Performs maintenance to batch plant which includes greasing parts, sweeping, shoveling, performing equipment repairs, cleaning, removing jam-ups, and welding.
- Become proficient in all batching, dispatching & Quality Control Software.
- Maintain time and material records.
- Ability to understand appropriate uses of various mix designs.
- Responsible for efficient working condition of plant equipment.
- Must be able to climb man ladder.
- Follow verbal and written instruction.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required.
- 1-2 years batching-related experience is preferred.
- Subject to drug testing, medical exams, and physical agilities testing.
- Basic working knowledge of Microsoft Windows.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed, but uninvolved written or oral instructions.
- Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) preferred.
- Ability and willingness to pass ACI Level One (1) certification within six months.
- Customer Service - Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs.
- Teamwork - Contributes to building a positive team spirit.
- Judgment - Exhibits sound and accurate judgment.
- Planning/Organizing - Uses time efficiently.
- Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Accepts responsibility for own actions.
- Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures; Determines appropriate action beyond guidelines; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials properly.
- Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment; Changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time.
- Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals.
- Initiative - Asks for and offers help when needed.
- Innovation - Generates suggestions for improving work.
- Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee is frequently required to sit, climb, and use hands to signal and handle equipment. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, crawl, kneel, bend, and reach with hands and arms above their shoulders. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move anywhere up to 50-75 lbs. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision and depth perception.
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development and internal promotion
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
Idaho Materials & Construction is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.
Who We Are
Get what you want out of life with a global company building the world Imagine leveraging your military background and experience at a company that is building the world’s largest bridges, highways and skyscrapers.
We’re hiring the next generation of plant managers, engineers and operations experts.