Ready Mix Batch Plant Operator Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Draper, UT 84020, US
Operations, Field & Plant Management
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Batch concrete loads according to mix designs and specifications. Reads dispatch orders and understands required needs for production of materials.
- Conduct batching operations in an efficient and safe manner while complying with all local, state and federal regulations.
- Conduct batching functions in a professional manner and ensure compliance with job specifications and all applicable environmental and air quality regulations.
- Must be able to produce on-time & in-spec concrete for the customer. This is a customer focused business.
- Prints out delivery tickets on each truck/load and file. Gives copy of delivery tickets to truck drivers to obtain customer payment upon delivery of materials as needed.
- Responsible for efficient working condition of plant equipment. Performs maintenance to batch plant which includes greasing, sweeping, shoveling, performing equipment repairs, cleaning, and removing jam-ups.
- Become proficient in all batching, dispatching, & quality control software.
- Maintain time and material records.
- Ability to understand appropriate uses of various mix designs.
- Ability to test concrete for conformance with mix design and specification.
- Ability to conduct moisture tests, yield calculation and yield adjustment of mix designs for conformance with mix designs and specifications.
- Responsible for efficient working condition of plant equipment.
- Must be able to climb man ladder.
- Follow verbal (in person and over the phone) and written instruction.
- Must be able to organize and lead people.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Customer Service - Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs.
- Teamwork - Contributes to building a positive team spirit.
- Judgment - Exhibits sound and accurate judgment.
- Planning/Organizing - Uses time efficiently.
- Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Accepts responsibility for own actions.
- Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures; Determines appropriate action beyond guidelines; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials properly.
- Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment; Changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time.
- Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals.
- Initiative - Asks for and offers help when needed.
- Innovation - Generates suggestions for improving work.
- Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed, but uninvolved written or oral instructions.
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development and internal promotion
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
Jack B. Parson Companies is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.
Who We Are
Get what you want out of life with a global company building the world Imagine leveraging your military background and experience at a company that is building the world’s largest bridges, highways and skyscrapers.
We’re hiring the next generation of plant managers, engineers and operations experts.