Ready Mix Plant Operator - United Companies, Steamboat Springs, CO Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Steamboat Springs, CO 80487, US
Operations, Field & Plant Management
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Batches concrete load according to specifications. Reads dispatch orders and understands required needs for production of materials.
- Conduct batching operations in an efficient and safe manner while complying with all local, state and federal regulations.
- Conduct batching functions in a professional manner and ensure compliance with job specifications and all applicable environmental and air quality regulations.
- Prints out invoice tickets on each truck/load and files. Gives copy of invoice to truck drivers to obtain customer payment upon delivery of materials as needed.
- Responsible for efficient working condition of plant equipment. Performs maintenance to batch plant which includes greasing parts, sweeping, shoveling, performing equipment repairs, cleaning, removing jam-ups, and welding.
- Become proficient in all batching, dispatching & Quality Control Software.
- Maintain time and material records.
- Ability to understand appropriate uses of various mix designs.
- Responsible for efficient working condition of plant equipment.
- Must be able to climb man ladder.
- Follow verbal and written instruction.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and/or Experience
- One to Two years batching-related experience is preferred.
- CDL A or B Preferred but not Required
- Ability to read and comprehend instructions
- Ability to communicate effectively on radio/phone system
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed, but uninvolved written or oral instructions
- Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations
- Basic working knowledge of Microsoft Suite
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) preferred
- Ability and willingness to pass ACI level 1 certification within six months
- The employee is frequently required to sit, climb, and use hands to signal and handle equipment.
- The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, crawl, kneel, bend, and reach with hands and arms above their shoulders.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move anywhere up to 50 lbs.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision and depth perception.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; moving mechanical parts; outside weather conditions; and extreme cold and/or heat.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
CRH is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.
Who We Are
Get what you want out of life with a global company building the world Imagine leveraging your military background and experience at a company that is building the world’s largest bridges, highways and skyscrapers.
We’re hiring the next generation of plant managers, engineers and operations experts.