Ready Mix QC Technician- Salt Lake City, UT Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Salt Lake City, UT 84116, US
- Will test concrete and aggregate products for quality and conformance to specifications.
- Must have some basic materials understanding for rock, sand, cement, flyash and chemical admixtures
- Basic material record keeping.
- Ability to follow verbal and written instruction.
- Ability to communicate effectively with dispatch, batch plant operations, drivers and QC personnel.
- Must be able to work flexible shifts including nights, swings, weekends and holidays if needed.
- Must have the ability to make decisions quickly and effectively.
- Must pass the MSHA Safety course
- This job has no supervisory responsibilities
- High school diploma or GED required.
- 2 years quality control experience preferred.
- ACI Level 1 Certification preferred
- ACI Strength Testing Technician preferred
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write correspondence. Ability to fluently speak and write the English language.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiple and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed, but uninvolved written or oral instructions
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, Excel, Word and Outlook. Minimum typing speed of 60wpm.
- ACI level 1 certification is required within 60 days of hire date.
- Driver’s License and clean driving record
- Ability to speak Spanish is a plus.
- Class B CDL not required but helpful.
- Customer Service - Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to needs.
- Teamwork - Contributes to building a positive team spirit.
- Judgment - Exhibits sound and accurate judgment.
- Planning/Organizing - Uses time efficiently, organizes files and work well.
- Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Accepts responsibility for own actions.
- Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures; Determines appropriate action beyond guidelines; Reports potentially unsafe behaviors and conditions; Uses equipment and materials properly.
- Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment; Changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time.
- Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals.
- Initiative - Asks for and offers help when needed; able to consistently work independently.
- Innovation - Generates suggestions for improving work.
- Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance.
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development and internal promotion
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
Staker Parson Companies is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.
Who We Are
Get what you want out of life with a global company building the world Imagine leveraging your military background and experience at a company that is building the world’s largest bridges, highways and skyscrapers.
We’re hiring the next generation of plant managers, engineers and operations experts.