Ready-Mix Truck Driver Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Salem, OR 97302, US
In this role, you’ll drive a truck equipped with concrete mixer to deliver ready mix concrete to various job sites in the area. Each day provides you with a different adventure as you work with our customers to provide them with top tier service. By doing so, you'll play an integral part as we stand together to reinvent the way our world is built.
- Valid Class B Unrestricted CDL and current DOT medical card.
- Ability to operate manual transmission.
- Safety minded professional who demonstrates good performance, attendance, and punctuality.
- Must pass pre-employment physical exam and pre-employment controlled substance testing.
- Demonstrates the ability to work overtime and weekends as needed.
- Must have current US Authorization to work or ability to obtain without company assistance prior to start date.
- Demonstrates the ability to conform to and maintain OSHA, MSHA, DOT and all other company or state rules and regulations.
- You have previous Ready-Mix Truck Driving driving experience or are looking to develop your CDL skills within a construction setting.
- You shine in an organized and communicative environment.
- You want a career with expansive growth potential, and you’re motivated to learn the ins-and-outs of the business to watch your career soar. Once you've gained a solid understanding of our business, you'll have the opportunity to chart your career path. Whether you choose to specialize in a specific truck driving focus or explore opportunities across different departments, we empower you to take control of your career growth.
- Operate equipment safely and efficiently by utilizing equipment within its designed parameters.
- Perform pre-trip and post-trip inspection of vehicle to ensure safe operational order and report maintenance or repair issues.
- Be able to ingress and egress truck by navigating 2 steps with grab bars present.
- Be able to manipulate truck steering wheel (power steering), shifter and other various levers and knobs necessary for operation of truck and associated equipment.
- Operate ready-mix concrete truck to deliver to construction sites, as specified, in a safe and efficient manner, obeying applicable laws and following dispatch instructions.
- Ensure quality of product delivered, slump, etc.
- Maintain communication with Dispatcher as necessary regarding deliveries. Check delivery tickets for special instructions and complete as required.
- Ensure proper materials are loaded in a safe manner, and obtain proper signatures as required.
- Rinse out drum and chutes, and dump slurry as required by established procedures.
- Collect money from customers and record transactions on customer receipt.
- Respond to customer questions related to basic product knowledge and basic concrete construction techniques. Tactfully inform customer of concrete working methods and improper forms as appropriate.
- Monitor various gauges during operation of vehicle, investigate abnormalities and perform operator maintenance and minor field repairs.
- Record sales and delivery information.
- Maintain operator logs, forms, and records in accordance with company policy and Department of Transportation regulations.
- Complete written report of problems or necessary repairs and forward to maintenance personnel. Detect and report improper operation, faulty equipment, defective materials, and unusual conditions to proper supervision.
- Maintain work area and vehicle in a clean and orderly condition.
- Follow prescribed safety rules and regulations.
- Routinely assist other members of the work force in different areas of production.
- Take action to avoid potential hazards or obstructions.
- Other tasks and duties as assigned to meet business needs.
- Regular and timely attendance.
- Participate in and promote an inclusive work environment.
- Generous Paid Time Off
- 401k with Roth option & 5% Company Match
- Profit Sharing
- 9 Paid Holidays (8 Static and 1 Floating)
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Company Paid Life Insurance
- Short- & Long-Term Disability
- Potential for Overtime
- Opportunities for Internal Mobility
- Professional Development Opportunities
- Training Provided
- Earn More with our Employee Referral Program
- Family Culture – We treat our team like family
- Company Discounts on products, goods, services, electronics, automotive, travel & more!
- Opportunities for Community Engagement
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A diverse and inclusive culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
RiverBend Materials, a CRH Company, is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.
Sorry, this job is closed.
Who We Are
Get what you want out of life with a global company building the world Imagine leveraging your military background and experience at a company that is building the world’s largest bridges, highways and skyscrapers.
We’re hiring the next generation of plant managers, engineers and operations experts.