Ready Mix Truck Driver - RiverBend Materials (Eugene, OR) Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Eugene, OR 97408, US
Drive truck equipped with concrete mixer to deliver ready mix concrete to job sites and perform specific customer service tasks. Primarily work 10 hours per day, 5 days per week. Will also be required to work more hours, per DOT regulations, and up to 7 days per week as needed during the busy construction season. This position may require traveling for extended periods of time to perform the job duties at various jobsite locations.
Key Responsibilities (Essential Duties and Functions):
- Perform pre-trip and post-trip inspection of vehicle to ensure safe operational order and report maintenance or repair issues.
- Be able to manipulate truck steering wheel (power steering), shifter and other various levers and knobs necessary for operation of truck and associated equipment.
- Operate ready-mix concrete truck to deliver to construction sites, as specified, in a safe and efficient manner, obeying applicable laws and following dispatch instructions.
- May add materials (fiber, color or other additives) to concrete mix
- Ensure quality of product delivered, slump, etc.
- Maintain communication with Dispatcher as necessary regarding deliveries. Check delivery tickets for special instructions and complete as required.
- Ensure proper materials are loaded in a safe manner, and obtain proper signatures as required.
- Rinse out drum and chutes, and dump slurry as required by established procedures.
- Collect money from customers and record transactions on customer receipt.
- Inform customers of new products or services. Listen to and communicate or resolve service complaints.
- Respond to customer questions related to basic product knowledge and basic concrete construction techniques. Tactfully inform customer of concrete working methods and improper forms as appropriate.
- Monitor various gauges during operation of vehicle, investigate abnormalities and perform operator maintenance and minor field repairs.
- Record sales and delivery information.
- Maintain operator logs, forms and records in accordance with company policy and Department of Transportation regulations.
- Complete written report of problems or necessary repairs and forward to maintenance personnel. Detect and report improper operation, faulty equipment, defective materials and unusual conditions to proper supervision.
- Maintain work area and vehicle in a clean and orderly condition.
- Follow prescribed safety rules and regulations
- Perform other related duties as required or directed
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) preferred
- One to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed, but uninvolved written or oral instructions.
- Ability to work well with others in a group or one on one setting.
- Subject to pre-employment drug testing and physical testing.
- Basic mechanical skills preferred
- Must possess a valid state commercial driver's license (CDL) Class A or Class B with tanker endorsement
- Must possess a valid Medical Card as per DOT standard.
- Customer Service - Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs.
- Teamwork - Contributes to building a positive team spirit.
- Judgment - Exhibits sound and accurate judgment.
- Planning/Organizing - Uses time efficiently.
- Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Accepts responsibility for own actions.
- Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures; Determines appropriate action beyond guidelines; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials properly.
- Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment; Changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time.
- Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals.
- Initiative - Asks for and offers help when needed.
- Innovation - Generates suggestions for improving work.
- Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development and internal promotion
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
River Bend Sand & Gravel is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.
Who We Are
Get what you want out of life with a global company building the world Imagine leveraging your military background and experience at a company that is building the world’s largest bridges, highways and skyscrapers.
We’re hiring the next generation of plant managers, engineers and operations experts.