Ready Mix Truck Driver (Southeast Austin/Ramirez Ln) Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Austin, TX 78742, US
Key Responsibilities (Essential Duties and Functions)
- Perform daily pre/post trip inspections with appropriate documentation in compliance with DOT guidelines.
- Load and unload equipment of materials.
- Monitor various gauges during operation of vehicle.
- Maintain daily vehicle mileage logs.
- Properly follow all company policies and procedures to ensure a safe working environment.
- Obey applicable laws and follow dispatch instructions.
- Assure product quality to the best of ability.
- Perform minor servicing and maintenance of equipment; refer major problems to the supervisor.
- Keep vehicle clean and in orderly condition.
- Regular and predictable attendance at assigned times is required.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of a high school diploma or general education degree (GED) required.
- Minimum of 2 years experience driving mixer truck preferred
Must have a valid driver’s license and must maintain a CDL A or CDL B license.
- Must be 18 years in age or older.
- Must pass DOT physical, drug screen and criminal background check.
- Must possess valid DOT medical card.
- Strict adherence to safety requirements and procedures as outlined in the Employee Handbook.
- Willingness to work in a team environment and assist co-workers or supervisors with other duties as required.
- Must display a professional and courteous attitude to co-workers, supervisors, and the general public at all times.
- Must maintain current driver’s license that meets state requirements, i.e., CDL, Class A and/or B Driver with air brake endorsement, possible hazmat and tanker endorsements.
- MVR must meet company and DOT standards.
- Must be willing to travel and work away from home when required.
- Must be willing to work nights and weekends when necessary.
- Individuals are required to wear personal protective equipment (PPE) in designated operations and production areas as stated by OSHA and/or MSHA. Protective equipment that may be required, but not limited to, for this position is: Hard Hat, Safety (hard toe) Shoes, and Safety Glasses.
Compliance with all OSHA and/or MSHA regulations.
- Must have the ability to learn operational knowledge and skills of mixer truck and related equipment to be operated.
- Must have the ability to read, write and do basic mathematical calculations in order to keep time and material records, and read blueprints or other project documents.
- Ability to operate equipment safely and efficiently under a variety of working conditions.
- Ability to understand and follow verbal and written instructions.
- Ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment as well as being able to work independently with attention to detail.
- Ability to operate heavy and complex equipment requiring skill and the exercise of one's own judgment.
- Must be familiar with securing heavy equipment and other over-dimensional loads.
- Ability to professionally interact with customers, collect payments and assist with issues that may arise.
Ability to operate various types of heavy equipment that may include but not limited to Truck/Car, Ready Mix Truck, Loader/Backhoe, and Haul Truck.
- Job requires climbing, stooping, bending, squatting, frequent lifting of extensions chutes, stretching, sitting/driving, shifting gears, and covering/uncovering load when applicable.
- Able to stand, walk, use hands and fingers to manipulate objects or controls, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, talk and hear.
- May require sitting for extended periods of time.
- Vision abilities (with correction) include close, distance, peripheral, depth, and the ability to focus.
- Must be able to exert up to 10-20 lbs. constantly to move objects, 25-50 lbs. of force frequently, and 50-100 lbs. of force occasionally.
- Able to work in all weather conditions.
- While performing the duties of the job, the employee may be occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles and toxic or caustic chemicals.
- The employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts; high, precarious places; outside weather conditions; and risk of electrical shock or burn.
- The noise level in some areas of the work environment may be loud, but is typically moderate.
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development and internal promotion
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
Texas Concrete is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.
Who We Are
Get what you want out of life with a global company building the world Imagine leveraging your military background and experience at a company that is building the world’s largest bridges, highways and skyscrapers.
We’re hiring the next generation of plant managers, engineers and operations experts.