Ready Mix Truck Driver- United Companies, Gunnison Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Gunnison, CO 81230, US
Operates ready mix truck in a safe and professional manner in the plant yard, on public highways/roads, and at various job sites to deliver products. Deliveries will be made in both commercial and residential areas.This position will be based out of our Plant in Gunnison, CO.
Compensation is dependent upon experience.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
· Maintains equipment in a safe and clean condition.
· Performs pre and post-trip truck inspections.
· Verify general compliance with mix specifications after loading and at job site.
· Aligns mixer drum under disbursement chute at the plant to receive product into the mixer truck drum.
· Drives ready mix truck to location for unloading.
· Operate ready mix truck to release concrete down truck chute into area to be poured with concrete.
· Cleans truck after delivery to prevent concrete from hardening in mixer and on truck
· Places and operates chutes to deliver product where directed.
· Other duties as directed by supervisor.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disability to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
· High school diploma or general education degree (GED) preferred; 1-2 years related experience is preferred.
· Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence.
· Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
· Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed, but uninvolved written or oral instructions.
· Ability to work well with others in a group or one on one setting.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
· Must have a valid Class A or B CDL
· Must have or have the ability to obtain a valid Medical Card as per DOT standard.
- Customer Service - Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs.
- Teamwork - Contributes to building a positive team spirit.
- Judgment - Exhibits sound and accurate judgment.
- Planning/Organizing - Uses time efficiently.
- Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Accepts responsibility for own actions.
- Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures; Determines appropriate action beyond guidelines; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials properly.
- Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment; Changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time.
- Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals.
- Initiative - Asks for and offers help when needed.
- Innovation - Generates suggestions for improving work.
- Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; moving mechanical parts; outside weather conditions; and extreme cold and/or heat. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
May be subject to drug testing, medical exams and physical agilities testing.
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development and internal promotion
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
United Companies is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.
Who We Are
Get what you want out of life with a global company building the world Imagine leveraging your military background and experience at a company that is building the world’s largest bridges, highways and skyscrapers.
We’re hiring the next generation of plant managers, engineers and operations experts.