Regional Safety Director - Omaha, NE Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Omaha, NE 68130, US
Environmental, Health, & Safety
Headquartered in Omaha, Lyman-Richey Corporation, A CRH Company, employs nearly 800 people in its eight aggregate and concrete companies across central and eastern Nebraska and western Iowa. Lyman-Richey Corporation has been providing top-quality construction materials and superior service to customers and contractors in the region for more than 130 years.
The Regional Safety Director will be responsible for overseeing safety operations and compliance within multiple locations of our organization. They will develop, implement, and maintain safety programs, policies, and procedures to ensure a safe working environment for employees and visitors. The Regional Safety Director will collaborate with various stakeholders, including regional managers, Operations Leaders, and cross-functional teams, to drive a culture of safety throughout the organization. This includes overseeing safety programs, implementing best practices, conducting training sessions, and ensuring compliance with all applicable laws, regulations, and internal policies within the organization. Provide technical and compliance expertise to the field employees in terms of good safety habits and provide direction and skills for a safe work environment. The Director will strategically with other safety managers and supervisory personnel to achieve goals and support the safety of each of the company’s business units.
Key Responsibilities (Essential Duties and Functions)
- Develop and implement safety strategies and programs for construction material facilities within the region.
- Conduct regular safety inspections and audits at various sites to identify hazards, non-compliance, and areas for improvement.
- Provide leadership and guidance to site managers and personnel in implementing safety protocols and best practices.
- Facilitating effective team meetings to encourage active participation, brainstorming, and problem-solving.
- Implement and execute effective strategies for developing and mentoring team members to enhance their skills and performance.
- Identify and assess individual development needs through regular feedback, performance appraisals, and ongoing communication with the team.
- Monitor the progress and effectiveness of development plans, making necessary adjustments to ensure maximum impact and results.
- Develop, update, and review safety policies, procedures, and manuals to ensure alignment with industry standards and corporate requirements.
- Conduct training sessions on safety-related topics for employees, contractors, and visitors.
- Investigate accidents, incidents, and near-miss events to identify root causes and develop preventive measures.
- Collaborate with regulatory agencies to ensure compliance with safety regulations and participate in regulatory inspections and audits.
- Establish and maintain strong relationships with relevant industry organizations and stay up to date with emerging safety trends and practices within the construction materials sector.
- Analyze safety data, trends, and metrics to identify areas of improvement and develop actionable recommendations.
- Monitor and report on safety performance metrics, making recommendations for corrective actions where necessary.
- Support the implementation of corporate and regional safety initiatives.
- Provide regular safety updates and reports to senior management.
- Carry out all assigned tasks and projects in a timely manner.
- Regular and predictable attendance is required.
- Other duties as may be assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Bachelor’s degree in occupational health and safety, Environmental Science, or a related field (or equivalent experience)
- Professional certification in safety (e.g., CSP, CSM, GSP) is highly preferred.
- Proven experience in safety management, preferably in a regional or multi-site capacity.
- Must be 18 years in age or older.
- Must pass pre-employment drug screen and criminal background check.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license.
- Strict adherence to safety requirements and procedures as outlined in the Employee Handbook.
- The ability to travel extensively within the designated region.
- Comprehensive knowledge of local, state, and federal safety regulations.
- Strong analytical skills to identify hazards, assess risks, and develop effective safety solutions.
- Proven experience in developing and implementing safety programs and procedures.
- Excellent leadership and communication skills with the ability to engage and influence stakeholders at all levels.
- Proficient in data analysis, reporting, and the use of safety management software.
- Advanced knowledge of workers’ compensation regulations and best practices.
- Analytical ability and process improvement knowledge.
- Ability to read and interpret technical documents and regulations.
- Ability to develop and foster relationships and trust at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to adopt a Strategic Mindset and lead a diversified team.
- Strong self-motivation and skills
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook and the use of the Internet.
• Accountability: Is continually focused on accepting responsibility for meeting commitments, achieving optimum results, and ownership for the outcomes from actions and decisions.
• Adaptability: Personal willingness and ability to effectively work in, and adapt to changes in circumstances, tasks, responsibilities, people, environments, and conditions.
• Communication: Clearly conveys and receives messages at an appropriate level and format.
• Customer Focus: Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and/or external customers.
• Integrity: Through words and actions, creates an atmosphere of mutual trust and respect. Communicating and acting honestly and ethically.
• Teamwork: Works cooperatively and productively in groups and teams to create positive relationships which maximize performance results.
• Safety and Security: Observes safety and security procedures.
• Leadership: Motivates and inspires others through their words, actions, and commitment to the organization.
• Managing People and Processes: Establishes and clearly communicates process standards and expectations; monitors performance and provides ongoing feedback to build people.
• Strategic Thinking: Takes a broad scale, long term view, assessing options and implications required to develop and achieve goals of the organization to move it forward.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Work is office and field oriented, may require walking, climbing, bending, pushing, pulling, and lifting objects.
- Able to stand, use hands and fingers to manipulate objects, talk and hear.
- Vision abilities (with correction) include close, distance, peripheral, depth, and the ability to adjust focus.
- The employee is frequently required to sit and use hands.
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A diverse and inclusive culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
Lyman-Richey Corporation, a CRH Company, is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.
Who We Are
Get what you want out of life with a global company building the world Imagine leveraging your military background and experience at a company that is building the world’s largest bridges, highways and skyscrapers.
We’re hiring the next generation of plant managers, engineers and operations experts.