Safety Manager - Omaha, NE Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Louisville, NE 68037, US
Environmental, Health, & Safety
- Promote and follow all plant safety guidelines.
- Additional duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Works toward compliance with federal, state and local safety laws and regulations.
- Accompanies inspectors during inspections and maintains all required records regarding safety activities.
- Serves as the liaison between the plant and safety regulatory agencies in coordination with corporate safety personnel.
- Administers safety training and awareness programs for employees in an effort to prevent occupational injuries, illnesses, equipment, and property damage, increase awareness of safety risks, and promote compliance with safety regulations and programs.
- Assists corporate safety personnel in the development of plant training and awareness programs as appropriate.
- Works with supervisors to develop plant safety procedures for their work areas and assists in ensuring that they are consistently followed.
- Administers the fire protection program. Coordinates the inspection and maintenance of fire protection systems.
- Makes recommendations for the purchase of safety equipment including safety shoes/boots, glasses, and first-aid supplies.
- Oversees the activities of Safety Committee meetings at the plant and provides recommendations as needed.
- Conducts monthly mass safety meetings at the plant.
- Conducts or coordinates annual MSHA 8-hour refresher training for all plant personnel.
- Assists plant supervisors in the performance of weekly tailgate safety meetings, providing guidance on topics and attending when schedule allows.
- Administers Safety Training Observation Program (STOP) at the plant, provides monthly plant management updates and conducts mentored observations with trained observers.
- Conducts in-house inspections to recognize and eliminate at-risk conditions and practices.
- Conducts industrial hygiene testing, including noise and dust surveys, and enters data into the company database.
- Investigates occupational injuries, illnesses, equipment, and property damage in cooperation with the workers' compensation insurance carrier. When needed, conducts root-cause incident investigations using Taproot methodologies.
- Maintains all proper records regarding plant injuries, illnesses, and property and equipment damage.
- Ensures plant responsiveness to emergencies ranging in severity from minor first-aid to life-threatening emergency procedures.
- Conducts or coordinates MSHA Part 46 (which can include New Miner, Experienced Miner, Task, Refresher, and Site-Specific Hazard Awareness), first-aid, and CPR training for plant employees on a regular basis.
- Trains employees in the use of Safety in Motion High Five Techniques to help prevent musculoskeletal disorders.
- Responsible for implementation and maintaining plant personnel health and safety training records.
- Human Performance – support the human performance initiative to improve safety and operational performance
- Risk Assessment – ensure that each task that involves a Risk that Kills has a risk assessment completed; ensure that employees have tools for completing field-level risk assessments (e.g. use of Hazard Recognition Plus or HRP) for daily tasks and job assignments
- Risk Tolerance – ensure that existing and newly hired employees receive training in risk tolerance and apply those principles in the performance of daily work
- Life-Saving Rules – know, understand and ensure adherence by employees, contractors, vendors, and visitors to the Life-Saving Rules
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A diverse and inclusive culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
Ash Grove Cement, a CRH Company, is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.
Who We Are
Get what you want out of life with a global company building the world Imagine leveraging your military background and experience at a company that is building the world’s largest bridges, highways and skyscrapers.
We’re hiring the next generation of plant managers, engineers and operations experts.