Sales Engineer - Southern California Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Fontana, CA 92337, US
Sales & Estimating
- Develop strategies and executable tactics to ensure the attainment of company sales goals and profitability in key markets and accounts.
- Deliver specific revenue volumes and Average Selling Price (ASP) expectations.
- Develop specific action plans to achieve short and long-term goals for existing clients and new prospects.
- Conduct in-depth analysis of customer profiles, sustainable value creation opportunities, competitor capabilities, and both historical and future demand forecasts.
- Develop and maintain relationships within the Engineering community and leverage these relationships to ensure Oldcastle specifications are maintained. When Oldcastle is not specified, promote and steer the product selection to an Oldcastle equivalent.
- Act as a resource to the customer throughout the project lifecycle. This could include identifying opportunities, qualifying opportunities, providing basic budget pricing from price lists, identify when additional support resources are needed for the customer, and being an active and valued resource throughout the project lifecycle.
- Drive Oldcastle standards and modified standards with contractors to ensure continuous flow in Oldcastle facilities.
- Ensure all necessary information and documentation is collected and seamlessly handed off to the Estimating team to enable accurate and timely quoting.
- Work with Estimator and S.M. on strategic proposals and pricing.
- Work with Estimator to ensure all quoting documents required are accurately completed.
- Ensure specification work by Sales Engineers and Strategic Account Managers (S.A.M) are not changed by local contractors or agencies.
- Communicate with other Oldcastle commercial teams to manage and coordinate sales to customers who overlap markets, as well as to leverage Oldcastle’s product portfolio across multiple areas.
- Actively participate in industry-related associations as required to develop and maintain key networking and business relationships.
- Ensure all Oldcastle products are being considered – “Own the Jobsite”
- Work with SAM during strategic account opportunities
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
- Have 5+ years in civil infrastructure construction, precast concrete manufacturing sales, or similar product sales.
- Ability to read and interpret civil design drawings, and engineering production drawings.
- Must have ability to travel (Approx. 50% +) throughout the sales region.
- Proficient in basic Microsoft Office software (Word, Excel, Outlook and Power Point.)
- Have a Valid Driver’s License and acceptable driving record; monthly auto reimbursement for mileage is provided.
- Experience working with engineers on technical specifications
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
CRH Americas is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.
Who We Are
Get what you want out of life with a global company building the world Imagine leveraging your military background and experience at a company that is building the world’s largest bridges, highways and skyscrapers.
We’re hiring the next generation of plant managers, engineers and operations experts.