Sales Engineer (Stormwater)-Los Angeles, CA Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Los Angeles, CA 92316, US
Sales & Estimating
- Develop relationships and maintain continuous contact with the general contractor and engineering contractor community within Southern California in support of products through product presentations, drop ins, project meetings, public meetings, trade shows, etc.
- Perform take-offs from construction plans, create estimates for proposals, follow up on outstanding bids, negotiate sales and manage project through completion.
- Educate contractors on key benefits and how to take advantage of MaxWell drywell’s versatility to meet project drainage requirements.
- Perform detailed analysis of each project to ensure bid meets project goals.
- Stay informed about the changing regulatory environment regarding stormwater, groundwater recharge, and infiltration.
- Seek out opportunities to expand the usage of MaxWell drywells and additional stormwater products through market opportunities, cost-efficiency, and relationships (customer service).
- Communicate effectively internally to share opportunities, work through challenges, and keep colleagues updated on projects.
- Communicate effectively externally to provide exceptional service to our contacts and guide them through the construction process.
- Develop extensive knowledge of infiltration and geotechnical concepts.
- Establish self as an expert in the subject of infiltration, stormwater quality, drywells, and detention.
- Become involved with professional organizations like ASCE, BIA, CASQA, etc.
- Continuously maintain Salesforce projects, accounts, contacts, and activities.
- Analytical Thinking
- Learning Agility
- Information Seeking
- Organizational Savvy
- Quality Focus
- Excellent Communication
- Planning and Priority Setting
- Relationship Building
- Influence and Persuasion
- Business Acumen
- 2+ years of progressive experience in technical sales in the engineering, construction, or related field
- Ability to review and understand civil construction drawings
- Strong understanding of stormwater regulatory environment
- Teachable, enthusiastic, assertive, and technically inclined
- Highly motivated to achieve personal and team success
- Strong communicator with negotiating skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Organized individual with the ability to work independently
- Demonstrated ability to manage many, complex projects simultaneously
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Valid Driver’s license
- Bachelor of Science degree in Civil Engineering or related field
- 2+ years of technical sales experience
- Marketing or Business Development experience
- Proficient in Salesforce
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
CRH Americas is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.
Who We Are
Get what you want out of life with a global company building the world Imagine leveraging your military background and experience at a company that is building the world’s largest bridges, highways and skyscrapers.
We’re hiring the next generation of plant managers, engineers and operations experts.