Sales/Quality Control - Helena Sand & Gravel (Helena, MT) Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Helena, MT 59604, US
Sales & Estimating
- Establish relationships with our customer’s primary decision-makers. Maintain contact frequently, using such items as project site visits, lunch, after-hours meetings, etc. to improve relationships. Listen to the customer’s needs. Follow up with any problems or promises quickly. Minimum contact with top accounts should be at least bi-monthly.
- All accounts or cash customers purchasing product in our market area is your responsibility. While a sales effort establishing a long-term relationship is not usually required, you are expected to answer their questions and resolve problems as quickly as possible.
- Use creative and persistent selling to establish new accounts. Analyze new and existing accounts and prioritize your efforts on those accounts with the long-term volume and profit potential. Keep a list of our competitor’s accounts you are contacting, and any progress being made. Turn in required sales reports no less than weekly, more often if required.
- Know your competitor’s prices, products, and capabilities. Use their weaknesses and our strengths to maximize profitability. Understand that our competitor’s customers could potentially become our customers and are valuable conduits of information, so maintain relationships with them also.
- Understand your customer’s business and problems. Find innovative ways to aid their business. Those innovations should provide value for Helena Sand and Gravel. Become a consultative expert in all lines of business. Inform customers when our products and/or services are being used improperly or when product and/or service quality is being impaired. Document such discussions for later review.
- Be an active member within industry associations, foster relationships with engineers/architects/inspectors within our marketplace to represent Helena Sand and Gravel and further our business.
- Supervise and oversee all functions of our quality control department and technicians including knowledge of internal products, project specifications, product submittals, product innovations, daily internal quality control testing/reporting, coordination with 3rd party testing, problem solving.
- Supervise and oversee all function of our dispatch office and dispatcher(s).
- Other duties that are assigned:
- Verify sales tickets and pricing for customers
- Create accurate bids and proposals
- Coordinate product delivery if necessary.
- Analyze market potential, including competitive pricing, activities, market trends, and other relevant facts
- Establish annual sales projections by product and recommend sales programs to reach sales projections.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) preferred.
- Preferred 5 year’s of sales or sales related experience, preferably in the construction or construction materials industry.
- Ability to communicate effectively with others by telephone and in person.
- Ability to utilize a computer for word processing, e-mail communication, and preparation of documents and presentations.
- Action oriented and foster a collaborative team based approach.
- Exhibit safe conduct in the field and point out any unsafe acts by employees or customers.
- Valid driver’s license required.
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development and internal promotion
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
Helena Sand & Gravel is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.
Who We Are
Get what you want out of life with a global company building the world Imagine leveraging your military background and experience at a company that is building the world’s largest bridges, highways and skyscrapers.
We’re hiring the next generation of plant managers, engineers and operations experts.