Scale House Operator - United Companies- Hayden,CO Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Hayden, CO 80488, US
Operations, Field & Plant Management
The Scale House Operator is responsible for weighing trucks entering and leaving quarry/sand pits and printing sales tickets, as well as accurately entering data into the computer software for computation, reconciliation, and recordkeeping. This position reports to the Sales Manager.
Wage ranges from $18 to $20 per hour dependent on experience
- Operate a truck scale indicator and weigh trucks accurately.
- Effectively and professionally solicit information from drivers.
- Use scale and ticketing system to perform data entry tasks and generate sales tickets with speed and accuracy for incoming and outgoing trucks.
- Verify outgoing trucks are on daily dispatch prior to generating sales ticket.
- Use 2-way radio to communicate with bucket truck operator.
- Generate daily transaction reports and email to the office in a timely manner.
- Responsible for achieving and maintaining superior housekeeping standards, keeping area free of dust and clutter as much possible. This includes but is not limited to the scale house, the computer, and the printer.
- Cover more than one scale house from time to time.
- Other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Education and/or Experience
- High School diploma or general education degree (GED) preferred.
- Experience in aggregate, asphalt, or construction preferred.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft products, including Outlook, Word, Excel Spreadsheets.
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Must pass pre-employment physical, drug screen and criminal background check.
- Willingness to work independently within a team environment and assist the team with other duties as required.
- Ability to understand and follow verbal and written instructions.
- Computer software related to job-specific duties, 2-way radio, cellular phone, and general office equipment.
- Possess good verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be able to use basic business ethics, data review, and reconciliation techniques.
- Customer Service - Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to needs.
- Teamwork - Contributes to building a positive team spirit.
- Judgment - Exhibits sound and accurate judgment.
- Planning/Organizing - Uses time efficiently.
- Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Accepts responsibility for own actions.
- Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures; Determines appropriate action beyond guidelines; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials properly.
- Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment; Changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time.
- Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals.
- Initiative - Asks for and offers help when needed; able to consistently work independently.
- Innovation - Generates suggestions for improving work.
- Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Able to stand, walk, use hands and fingers to manipulate objects or controls, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, talk and hear.
- May require sitting and standing for extended periods of time.
- Vision abilities (with correction) include close, distance, peripheral, depth, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Able to climb stairs as needed.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to outside weather conditions. The employee is exposed to moving mechanical parts and is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, toxic or caustic chemicals, extreme cold, and extreme heat. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The statements included in this job description are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements and criteria necessary to successfully perform the job. Other duties may be assigned as required. Requirements for this job are subject to modification by the Company and its designers, and reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
United Companies, a CRH Company, is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.
Who We Are
Get what you want out of life with a global company building the world Imagine leveraging your military background and experience at a company that is building the world’s largest bridges, highways and skyscrapers.
We’re hiring the next generation of plant managers, engineers and operations experts.