Scheduler - Carbondale, CO Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Carbondale, CO 81623, US
Administrative Support and Services
This is a skilled position requiring the individual to effectively schedule and dispatch material orders from customers. This position requires speaking with customers on the phone, making good customer relations skills essential and requires a basic knowledge of the construction industry.
- Dispatch truck fleet according to customer’s demands for your market area. Balance assets to match demand.
- Maintain Command Series demand graphs to ensure they are updated with changes and ensure communication and understanding with the batch person.
- Receive incoming customer calls. Take verbal concrete orders over the telephone. Input the orders into the Command Series. Ensure proper mix design application or adherence with project specifications.
- Maintain compliance with FMCSA Hours of Service regulations. Ensure collection Record of Duty Status (RODS) when outside of short haul exemption.
- Build driver call out schedule for the next day, via Schedule.com. Monitor driver daily and weekly hours HOS compliance and employee hours distribution.
- Collect and monitor monthly tare weight of trucks.
- Ensure credit card & cash payments are processed and closed out daily.
- Maintain communication with current and future customers.
- Maintain communication with Area Managers, Area Order Taker and Batch Operators to fulfill customer commitments and Company utilization of fleet.
- Back up Area Order Taker for vacations, vacancies, etc.
- Maintain dispatch facilities and keep in good working order all necessary equipment.
- Properly follow all company policies, FMCSA and OSHA regulations for safe working procedures and environmental best practices. Report any problems to the Department Manager, Safety Manager, or Human Resources Manager.
- Handles all calls and other forms of communication in a courteous, professional and helpful manner.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High School diploma or general education degree (GED) preferred.
- Knowledge of the concrete and construction industry preferred.
- Two (2) years’ experience with order taking and concrete dispatch preferred.
- Must be 18 years in age or older.
- Must pass pre-employment physical, drug screen and criminal background check.
- Report to the office dressed appropriately according to company policy ready to work at the designated start time.
- Strict adherence to safety requirements and procedures as outlined in the Employee Handbook.
- Must be willing to work off hours, nights, weekends and occasionally holidays when necessary.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one on one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
- Working knowledge of Command Series and Microsoft suite of tools including Excel, Word and Outlook preferred. Must be able to use the internet effectively.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiple and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ration, percent, land to draw and interpret bar graphs
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Willingness and ability to work in and adapt to changes in circumstances, tasks, customer needs and other conditions that may affect their daily responsibilities.
- Ability to cope well in stressful environments and communicate professionally. Must have excellent customer service skills.
- Willingness to work independently within in a team environment and assist the team with other duties as required.
- Customer Service - Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to needs.
- Teamwork - Contributes to building a positive team spirit.
- Judgment - Exhibits sound and accurate judgment.
- Planning/Organizing - Uses time efficiently.
- Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Accepts responsibility for own actions.
- Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures; Determines appropriate action beyond guidelines; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials properly.
- Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment; Changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time.
- Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals.
- Initiative - Asks for and offers help when needed; able to consistently work independently.
- Innovation - Generates suggestions for improving work.
- Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate.
- The environment is typical of an office setting.
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development and internal promotion
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- Pay Range - $21.00 to $24.50 per hour
United Companies is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.
Who We Are
Get what you want out of life with a global company building the world Imagine leveraging your military background and experience at a company that is building the world’s largest bridges, highways and skyscrapers.
We’re hiring the next generation of plant managers, engineers and operations experts.