Seasonal Plant Maintenance - Omaha, NE - Internal Applicants Only Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Omaha, NE 68137, US
Ready Mixed Concrete Co., A CRH Company, has been the premiere concrete supplier in the Omaha-Council Bluffs metro area since 1929. With state-of-the-art production and delivery, Ready Mixed supplies all types of projects from highly technical commercial construction and high-volume paving to residential projects.
- Job responsibilities include plant maintenance, repair, and ad installation operations as assigned.
- Performing special maintenance projects and maintenance and repair on all facility equipment.
- Troubleshoot and determine appropriate repairs, replacing defective parts as needed.
- Maintain machinery and mechanical equipment in use at the plant.
- Diagnose and repair various electrical and plumbing needs at multiple plant locations.
- Completion of the necessary paperwork that is required as well as communicating any maintenance that needs completed to management.
- Responsible for maintaining a clean and safe work environment. This includes all equipment as well as the facility.
- Ensures that equipment and facilities are following CRH, OSHA, and EPA safety practices and regulations.
- Works with Operations and Plant Managers to schedule and perform annual plant and equipment certifications.
- Works with Plant Managers to establish timing of scheduled production plant maintenance according to factors such as production schedules, personnel for assistance, and availability of parts and equipment required for the repair.
- Work in a safe and professional manner including engaging in Lyman-Richey and CRH’s safety program including daily inspections, risk assessment, and proper use of all Personal Protective Equipment.
- Other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High School diploma or general education degree (GED) required.
- 2-3 years of experience with plant maintenance preferred.
- Experience in the building materials/construction industry preferred.
- Must be proficient in use of a computer and ability to learn usage of industry programs.
- Must be 18 years in age or older.
- Must pass pre-employment physical, drug screen and criminal background check.
- Must be able to attain Crane Operator, Boom Lift, Scissor Lift, Loader, and Forklift Certifications.
- Strict adherence to safety requirements and procedures as outlined in the Employee Handbook.
- Must have a current and valid driver’s license. CDL is a plus.
- DOT Medical Certificate required for class of maintenance vehicles driven.
The employee is frequently required to sit, climb, and use hands to signal and handle equipment. The employee is regularly required to stand, walk, crawl, kneel, bend, and reach with hands and arms above their shoulders. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move anywhere up to 50 lbs, regularly lift and/or move 20-30lbs and frequently lift and/or move 5-15lbs. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision and depth perception.
CRH Americas has a long and proud heritage as one of North America’s largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the CRH Americas family. CRH Americas operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
CRH Americas is a great place to grow! If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Once you click apply now, you will be brought to our career site. Please complete your online profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Our system allows you to view and track your status 24 hours a day. Thank you for your interest in the CRH Americas family!
Ready Mixed Concrete Co., A CRH Company, is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.
Sorry, this job is closed.
Who We Are
Get what you want out of life with a global company building the world Imagine leveraging your military background and experience at a company that is building the world’s largest bridges, highways and skyscrapers.
We’re hiring the next generation of plant managers, engineers and operations experts.