Senior Process Transformation Facilitator - Los Angeles, CA Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Los Angeles, CA 90058, US
Administrative Support and Services
The Senior Process Transformation Facilitator leads and facilitates performance improvement and transformation projects utilizing Lean methodologies, including Value Stream Mapping sessions, Rapid Process Improvement Workshops and Visioning events. Contributes to the development and implementation of performance improvement initiatives, including process design work across the organization with keen attention to change management. Consults and coaches process owners, value stream owners, operational leaders as well as frontline staff throughout the life cycle of the project. The Facilitator will be part of a team responsible for teaching and coaching administrators, managers and frontline staff on the application of lean principles to solve organizational problems. The Senior Process Transformation Facilitator will also contribute to the development and execution of training and infrastructure for the Office of Customer Experience. This role fills a key position in the implementation and deployment of the Customer Experience strategy to enhance internal capabilities to improve all touchpoints in the customer journey to ensure the delivery of consistent, exceptional experiences for every customer, every time.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Leads and facilitates improvement events and projects, including assessment, planning, event facilitation, and follow-up/sustainability, with some coaching. Meets quality standards and the production of expected deliverables during all phases of the event and project life cycle.
• Consults to and coaches process owners, value stream owners, and operational leaders in event and workshop activities, as well as frontline staff on Lean process improvement tools and methods.
• In collaboration with project sponsors, assesses & identifies problems and opportunities, coordinates the activities of the improvement team, identifies appropriate resources needed and develops schedule to ensure timely completion of the improvement project.
• Supports the development of the process transformation infrastructure, including lean "Best Practices", tools & methods for lean education and promotion of lean thinking throughout the organization. Coaches and develops leaders to become lean thinkers, acting as content expert in the utilization of lean concepts and tools.
• Validates results to assure compliance with industry standards, project targets and/or transformation metrics. Monitors, tracks and reports implementation progress in pursuit of projects Key Performance Indicators (KPIs).
• Coaches process owners to track and report results from improvement efforts. May collect and analyze data, maintain results and assist in preparing reports to support decision-making and continuous improvement. Is able to translate data into meaningful information, make conclusions and design work at the department level.
• Provides leadership for improvement programs for departments and project team members by defining intent of programs and overseeing development deliverables to ensure project goals are met.
• Establishes effective working relationships & manages communications with project sponsors, project oversight group members, process owners and key stakeholders.
• Provides support and coaching for leaders in their daily management structure, frontline problem solving and leader standard work.
• Serves as a mentor and coach to other Customer Experience staff to grow their lean technical and consultating skills. May also provide training during the on-boarding stages for newly hired colleagues.
• Seeks, documents and standardizes best practices from CRL Service Centers and external sources, as well as local best practices to accelerate implementation of improvement initiatives across the enterprise.
• Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Requires Bachelor’s degree in Business, Engineering or related field and demonstrated experience in manufacturing / distribution industry and/or consulting, managing improvement initiatives or teams either in improvement projects or operations that is typically acquired with 3-6 years of related work experience and 2-3 years in a dedicated performance improvement role utilizing lean methodology.
Certification Required: Green/Black Belt Lean certification.
Preferred: Master’s degree in Business or related field from an accredited college or university. Coaching/teaching experience.
• Highly respected team player/learner and a collaborative worker. Possesses a strong desire and ability to rapidly learn and apply the principles of lean and change management.
• Demonstrated skills in consulting, group process facilitation, change management and conflict resolution.
• Strong communication skills (verbal, written and listening) with ability to interact effectively across the organization, especially in situations requiring instructing, persuading, negotiating, resolving conflict, consulting and advising. Must be comfortable speaking in public and to various audiences.
• Skilled in teaching improvement concepts and principles to diverse audiences from senior management to frontline staff.
• High degree of technical aptitude with a demonstrated knowledge of manufacturing processes and logistics flows.
• Excellent project management skills including project timeline, scope, deliverables and targets. Ability to manage multiple concurrent projects.
• Able to read & interpret data; translates data into meaningful information and uses data to shape work at both the department and enterprise level; possesses strong analytical and critical thinking skills.
• Able to perform complex tasks, organize and prioritize multiple projects, and work under pressue to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
• Highly proficient in all applications of Microsoft Office, with an emphasis on Excel, Powerpoint, Visio, Word and Outlook.
• Knowledge of and experience successfully training and implementing lean tools and concepts, such as:
o Structured problem solving approaches such as A3 thinking
o Kaizen / Rapid Performance Improvement Workshop (RPIW) Events
o Value Stream Mapping
o Lean technical concepts such as 5S, Flow (One-piece flow), Pull systems, Daily Management and Visual systems.
• Ability to coach leaders on leader standard work.
• Understanding of manufacturing / distribution industry & terminology.
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
CRH Americas is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.
C.R. Laurence Co., Inc. (CRL) is an E-Verify Employer.
Who We Are
Get what you want out of life with a global company building the world Imagine leveraging your military background and experience at a company that is building the world’s largest bridges, highways and skyscrapers.
We’re hiring the next generation of plant managers, engineers and operations experts.