Strategic Commodity Buyer-Chandler, AZ Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Chandler, AZ 85225, US
- Work with plant operations and within the ERP to effectively purchase and arrange delivery of specific direct materials.
- Work with plant operations to clarify specifications, establish source alternatives, increase standardization and otherwise increase value related to purchases.
- Set min/max, reorder points, and economic order quantities of specific direct materials.
- Ensure that purchasing decisions and strategies are aligned with the group’s strategic supply chain objectives.
- Coordinate the process of obtaining quotes and / or requests for proposals from potential vendors, as needed.
- Monitor/research order history of similar products purchased to evaluate/track differences in costs, delivery, quality and performance
- Be familiar with the supply chain (manufacturing, distribution, delivery, use, service and disposal) related to the products and services being purchased.
- Support efforts to identify and evaluate new/alternative suppliers which meet the business requirements.
- Facilitate the approval process for draft purchase orders, and in certain cases based on factors such as purchase amount and/or complexity, provide subject matter procurement review and approval.
- Provide, and encourage stakeholders to provide, feedback regarding supplier performance through participation in surveys and the use of Supplier Corrective Action Reports (SCARs), as needed.
- Work with suppliers, plant operations and the supply chain group to improve the quality and/or performance of products and services.
- Work with the supply chain group and plant operations to follow proper contract management practices with key suppliers and support the development of contracts for local/company specific vendors, as necessary.
- Assist plant operations and the supply chain group to perform tests and demonstrations of products to evaluate value, compare results and/or identify alternatives and to ensure that supplier commitments are met.
- Work with the supply chain group to track market conditions, pricing trends, and opportunities to maximize purchasing value.
- Support the vendor data management/vendor master maintenance processes through adherence to established payment terms and identifying the need for new or updated data information.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred with 3 + years of business, purchasing, operations or related experience.
- Experience working with P2P systems, databases/data warehouse applications, ERP systems and / or Microsoft Office applications required.
- Experience with procurement tools, processes and systems.
- Certified Professional in Supply Management (CPSM) or similar certification desired.
- Experience in manufacturing, building materials, mining or construction sectors would be beneficial.
- Demonstrated commitment to achieving the organization's goals and objectives.
- Ability to work effectively with others.
- High ethical standards.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Strong negotiation skills and ability to work with suppliers.
- Ability to perform multiple tasks effectively with a focus on timeliness and responsiveness.
- Ability to drive change and sell new concepts and approaches through persistence, self-motivation, energy, tenacity, follow-through, and commitment.
- Excellent communication skills (both oral and written).
- Understanding of procurement’s impact on financial results.
- Display a professional and courteous attitude to co-workers, supervisors, and the general public at all times.
- Willingness to work in a team environment and assist co-workers or supervisors with other duties as required.
- Negotiating – They identify key bargaining points for all parties and work effectively toward win-win solutions.
- Information Seeking – Purchasing Agents are driven by an underlying curiosity and desire to know more about things, people, or issues. This involves going beyond routine questions and includes digging or pressing for exact information; resolving discrepancies by asking a series of questions; or conducting less-focused environmental scanning for opportunities or miscellaneous information that may be used in the future.
- Planning and Priority Setting – They identify priorities and develop detailed action plans that include objectives, accountabilities, time frames, standards, review stages, and contingencies.
- Deliberative Decision Making – They gather, consider, and evaluate all relevant information to make logical conclusions before being moved to action. They are able to put aside personal biases and take an objective approach to making decisions based on data or other pertinent facts.
- Influence and Persuasion – They are effective in persuading, convincing, influencing, or impressing others in order to get them to support a specific agenda, make a specific type of impression, or take a specific course of action.
- Business Acumen – They make sound business decisions based on a strong understanding of the company’s business model, strategic goals, and relevant policies, as well as best practices and current technologies in one’s own discipline or functional area.
- Relationship Building – They develop effective long-term professional interactions with others based on trust: trust that they will always work toward the best interest of those involved and that they are sufficiently competent to provide positive results.
- Time Management – Purchasing Agents are able to manage multiple responsibilities by being organized and keeping on top of important time-sensitive tasks.
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
CRH Americas is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.
Who We Are
Get what you want out of life with a global company building the world Imagine leveraging your military background and experience at a company that is building the world’s largest bridges, highways and skyscrapers.
We’re hiring the next generation of plant managers, engineers and operations experts.