Survey Manager - Central Southern Utah Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Redmond, UT 84652, US
Operations, Field & Plant Management
- Provide support for construction crews and field managers as requested.
- Manage employees at multiple lines of business
- Schedule work loads
- Track employee hours and input time weekly for payroll
- Track survey costs and stay with in budgets
- Track and manage survey and GPS equipment
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) preferred.
- Perform mapping compliance and other related office survey duties
- PLS License is preferred but not required.
- Set up, adjust, and operate survey equipment including universal total station, data collector, and GPS equipment, in order to measure distances, elevations, areas and angles.
- Construction staking for roadways, utilities, and other features, as necessary.
- Locating and/or establishing vertical and horizontal survey control.
- 5 years of site modeling experience is preferred.
- Collection and transfer of field data.
- The ability to problem solve and describe work related findings.
- Maintain professional relationships with managers, field support, office and subcontractors, etc.
- Attention to detail while collecting field data.
- Maintain field data records, survey project files, and indexing systems.
- Scheduling project survey needs
- Minimum industry experience:5 years of construction experience preferred.
- Computer skills are required
- Drafting and 3D modeling experience
- Customer Service - Manages difficult or emotional employee situations; Responds promptly to employee needs; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments.
- Teamwork - Contributes to building a positive team spirit.
- Judgment - Exhibits sound and accurate judgment.
- Planning/Organizing - Uses time efficiently.
- Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Accepts responsibility for own actions.
- Interpersonal Skills - Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; Maintains confidentiality; Listens to others without interrupting; Keeps emotions under control; Remains open to others' ideas and tries new things.
- Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures; Determines appropriate action beyond guidelines; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials properly.
- Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment; Changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time.
- Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals.
- Initiative - Asks for and offers help when needed.
- Innovation - Generates suggestions for improving work.
- Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed, but uninvolved written or oral instructions.
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A diverse and inclusive culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
Hales Sand & Gravel, a CRH Company, is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.
Who We Are
Get what you want out of life with a global company building the world Imagine leveraging your military background and experience at a company that is building the world’s largest bridges, highways and skyscrapers.
We’re hiring the next generation of plant managers, engineers and operations experts.