Terminal Operator - Elko, NV Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Elko, NV 89801, US
Laborers and Production Workers
Performs procedures involved with loading trucks, and unloading railroad cars. Assists in the maintenance of terminal equipment and grounds. Works under close supervision with standard practice procedures and guidelines. Refers all problems to supervisor for guidance.
- Assures proper cement types are loaded into bulk trucks.
- Uses credit approval lists, cement inventory reports, and approved shipping instructions to determine if a customer’s request for cement can be loaded.
- Maintains shipping logs, prepares bills of lading, and calculates split-load tonnages based on a trucker’s instructions.
- Operates pneumatic and mechanical equipment for truck loading from computer console using programmed screens, keyboard, and mouse.
- Performs daily activities associated with handling inquiries and orders for customers and sales personnel as specified by Terminal Manager or Senior Terminal Operator.
- Assures proper cement types are unloaded from railcars into designated silos, without contamination of cement types, using pneumatic and hydraulic railcar unloading equipment.
- May operate a programmable hydraulic railcar indexer, compressors, and/or a cement bagger.
- Operates power sweeper, forklift truck, and front-end loader.
- Performs general cleanup duties around the loading area.
- Proficient in English written and verbal communication skills and understanding of warning labels, instructions, and signs.
- Demonstrated customer service skills on a regular basis.
- Ability to operate the loading systems used in loading trucks and railcars.
- Ability to operate sweeper and general hand tools.
- Must be able to calculate loads going into trucks by using general math calculations.
- Must be proficient at database input and have the ability to use a computer.
- Must be technically oriented in troubleshooting and repairing basic mechanical, pneumatic, and minor electrical malfunctions.
- Knowledge of terminal operation policies and procedures. Skill in using terminal equipment and computerized systems.
- Ability to lift heavy materials weighing up to 80 pounds.
- Ability to operate all terminal equipment including railcar vibrators, silos, and related equipment, switch engines, and rail cars.
- Ability to climb silo ladders up to 50-90 feet in height (as applicable for each terminal).
- Two years of mechanical maintenance experience preferred in a similar or related industrial facility.
- Working knowledge of welding, cutting torch basics, and mechanics.
- Ability to operate mobile equipment such as a forklift, trucks, man lifts, and bobcat-related equipment.
- Ability to install various types of equipment and machinery in the terminal.
- H.S. Diploma / GED (Required)
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A diverse and inclusive culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
Ash Grove Cement, a CRH Company, is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.
Who We Are
Get what you want out of life with a global company building the world Imagine leveraging your military background and experience at a company that is building the world’s largest bridges, highways and skyscrapers.
We’re hiring the next generation of plant managers, engineers and operations experts.